ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sensor for climate control

Land Rover
Although my climate control and aircon are working, it’s a bit slow to respond.
I took the roof console off and the sensor doesn’t look like the one in the parts listing.
Is this an alternative part that someone has fitted (as people seem to complain about a whining noise from the motor)

B1E626A4-15E2-4B8B-B9D7-426C39116BAC.jpeg

Here’s the one it says should be fitted?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/262491908788

Land Rover
Can anybody give me any information about this.
Is my car fitted with a later part and could l fit the one with the motor which would almost certainly work better?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
@STEVE.M is usually sh*t hot with stuff like this..

Anyone else got a pic of the inside of their console !?

Have you fixed this? .. I have air con removed and my heaters only blow hot air. I need it fixing with this warm weather

Why would you want to remove your a/c... if it's 25C outside, what temperature do you think the air coming in from outside, and then into the cabin will be...?

If it's only blowing properly hot air and you've the digital climate control unit, then IIRC it's possibly the resistor pack you need to change.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
if it's a blue dot on the outside it's the late climate sensor which doesn't have an integrated fan and is quieter. You can swap it out for one. If you get it plugged into CLIP you'll be able to see if one of the sensors isn't working because the temp listed on the parameters page will be -64. Realistically I would expect it to be the a/c gas.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
In the process of stripping the car for track use. I’m going to keep the AC. Is this part critical to the AC working or is it more to monitor the climate side of things if you use the AC on AUTO? (Which I don’t do)
9F0618A6-A243-4A14-92BC-5CF904F9B7AB.jpeg