ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling your bt smart hub

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
So I've listed one on eBay and someone has bid.

I did the hard reset button on the back when it was connected, so just want to make sure I'm covered. Is that all you need to do to reset it for resale? It didn't flash any lights at all when I did it, is why I ask!

Any way I can check?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
it'll be fine! they are plug and play or worst case you change some settings when using with another ISP
Cheers. Wondered what exactly people can steal from a used router!

Computery thingymajigz

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
lol they can't steal anything! potentially if it wasn't reset, they would know your MAC addresses of all of your various devices.. big deal.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just a guess tbh.

When ive looked at deals in the past i have read that yeah the deal is good but the router is poor.

Or maybe theres tiny (but worth alot) pieces of gold inside them......

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
It’s bizarre, why on earth anybody would buy a crappy router that is given away with internet service....

But hey, don’t knock it if somebody is that stupid to buy it!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Didn't realise you could sell them as they're technically owned by the supplier.
Be careful, once they plug it in they'll get all your midget p**n search history on their laptops
Sky rent theirs, well the q system anyway. Bt just you pay off over the term I guess. I checked with them today cos I had to send my sky q gear back otherwise get majorly stung for the replacement