ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seen hundreds of posts on this but still need help ESP

Clio sport 182
So I have a Clio 182

The light for ESP comes on during ignition and the dial/instrument pack test.. no bulb issue

I have no lights on the dash implying not a problem with traction control/abs during driving.

I have changed the switch with one that I 100% know works.... still no luck the switch lights up with interior lights when the main headlamps are switched on so I know I have power there!

But when pressing the button it does NOTHING!!!

Can anybody help me?

Clio RS 172 2002
What are you expecting to happen?

ESP = stability control. I don't think I've had ESP kick in, ever. I don't get the car sideways though.

BTW the ESP dash button turns it OFF, it's on by default.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I turn it off for track, but for the road it stays on.

Get the odd flicker of the light every now and again if i boot it in the wet.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Do you want the good or bad news?

Mine I can switch off - I do it pretty much every time I get into the car. That’s the good news.

The bad news is that my switch did nothing for the three years of my initial warranty. Renault had my car for three days and couldn’t rectify it. In the end, they replaced the entire instrument pod in my dash. I can’t imagine that would be a cheap or straight-forward fix.

Clio sport 182
Ok so here we go tested the loom and switch as mentioned earlier the light does work on a bulb test!!

The traction control witches off when you press the switch but doesn’t illuminate the lamp. Wonder if it’s got anything to do with the ktec map

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Wonder if it’s got anything to do with the ktec map

In the 14 years ive been on Cliosport, ive heard alot said about ktec maps - peoples preference to load a TomTom map of Belgium onto their ECU instead, their ability to kill engines & produce eleventy billion horsepowers, but only on their dyno, but never once have i heard about one of their remaps stopping the ESC light coming up on a 1*2's dashboard. There is a first time for everything however.

Realistically speaking, if the button to switch off the TC works (& switches it off), the light not coming on isnt really the end of the world?

These cars are old and french, so electrics, having had years of Peugeots/Citroens as well, isnt exactly their strong point :ROFLMAO: