ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat thoughts, maybe even advice.

PH1 V6
Looking into changing the seats on my PH1 V6 and have a choice of routes to go down.
Bearing in mind that the interior colours are dark blue and grey, I think black seats would look awful. Have some black floor mats from Renault and they don't sit well with the dark blue carpet so,
Option 1 :-
Try to find a wrecked pair of either Recaro Pole Positions or Recaro CS and have them retrimmed. Spoken to Loz @ LGTrimming for a guide price on a retrim with the bolsters in dark blue leather and the inserts in mid / dark grey. The cost of that alone approaches the new cost of a pair of PP inc the mounting kits. Add on the price of a pair of old seats and it starts getting pricey! No complaint re price as his work is outstanding, he did all the interior work on my R53 GP.
Option 2 :-
Definitely the easier option, and they're blue. Currently the favourite option :up:
Maybe just buy these..

891334_1007287736014531_825159175_n.jpg

PH1 V6
Great seats, just out of my budget though,
Not quite a pensioner but retired!
So no more silly wages coming in :smile:

PH1 V6
Sportsters are shite compared to Pole Positions in half leather/half alcantara.
If I went for the half leather option it would be black only with blue centres, which I'm trying to avoid.
Full blue only comes in Perlon velour apparently.

PH1 V6
Pole Position. 100%
Ideally yes, had some before in a previous car and they were excellent.
Just chucking thoughts about as to go for those in the pic or wait an interminable time for some buggered ones ( PP or CS ) to come up for sale and have them redone in dark blue and grey.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Genuine question, do the PP seats work well with normal seat belts? I've the CS seats in my Focus and thy have the cut outs for the lap belt to sit properly. The PP seats don't appear to have this?
Can you not look on eBay for some CS seats, quite a few cars have had them fitted...not sure on Blue ones though!

PH1 V6
Genuine question, do the PP seats work well with normal seat belts? I've the CS seats in my Focus and thy have the cut outs for the lap belt to sit properly. The PP seats don't appear to have this?
Can you not look on eBay for some CS seats, quite a few cars have had them fitted...not sure on Blue ones though!
They do have cut outs for std belts, bit fiddly to use though.
Absolute zilch on eBay, i.e no clapped out ones suitable for a refurb.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yep. They're a six-point seat, so you can run normal belts through the holes, as with a factory seat.

PH1 V6
Not 100% sure I have the cahoonies to go for this colour however, convinced that any black would look crappy.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
They do have cut outs for std belts, bit fiddly to use though.
Absolute zilch on eBay, i.e no clapped out ones suitable for a refurb.

Yep. They're a six-point seat, so you can run normal belts through the holes, as with a factory seat.
Thanks, always useful to know. Good luck! I do personally love the CS seats and think they would look good in the car. Plus they have the added bonus of not having a fixed back.

PH1 V6
Think you messaged me on ebay :smile:
If you're selling the Recaro CS then yes, I'm guilty :up:
Thanks for the honest answer on there regarding fitment, the thought of all the possible faffing to get them to fit sort of ruled them out. To give you an insight, my tool kit consists of a reversible screwdriver and I have to be careful not to stab myself when using it :smile:

Edging towards the blue PP.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I fitted some Evo Recaros into mine, same as the trophy ones.
(are you on M3 Cutters? Still haven't messaged you to come and have a look at the car!)

28BB36DB-D096-4437-8B8F-41FF534B85D9_zpsoqopn3qr.JPG

I still kick myself for not buying a pair of dark blue leather Recaros from a Porsche, which some dude had in his Audi TT. The colour match was perfect & they'd have looked ace!

PH1 V6
Trawling the t'interweb earlier today looking for options.
Keep looking at the blue ones and the answer is nope. Great colour but the PH1 interior is quite subtle / crap, afraid that if I stuck the blue ones it'd look like I'd crashed into Halfords, dark blue then definitely but not this blue, too bright.
Anyhow, it turns out that Cobra do an Imola Pro in what they call Grey Spacer fabric, also has reinforcement on top of the bolsters which should hopefully help prevent wear.
Linky to page with the Cobra one, in the states but the only site I can find with a pic of the grey, pics are copyrighted so can't download. They have a very small amount of black where the reinforcement pieces are but could live with that.
https://www.carid.com/cobra-seats/imola-pro-kevlar-gray-spacer-fabric-race-seat-mpn-imp-kc-s-gy.html

Anyone had Imolas?

Last edited:
I think they look a little cheap to be honest. I can see that they're not, but they're only one piece with a hefty price tag.

PH1 V6
I think they look a little cheap to be honest. I can see that they're not, but they're only one piece with a hefty price tag.
Agreed on the price although it isn't as hefty as the PP.
There is a place in Notts ( GSM ) that does them, may scoot over and have a look.
I'd only go for the GRP @ £440, no need to go down the kevlar or carbon route.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
If you're selling the Recaro CS then yes, I'm guilty :up:
Thanks for the honest answer on there regarding fitment, the thought of all the possible faffing to get them to fit sort of ruled them out. To give you an insight, my tool kit consists of a reversible screwdriver and I have to be careful not to stab myself when using it :smile:

Edging towards the blue PP.

I'll be offering a solution to fitting the Renault CS seats as found in 197 etc into MK2 Clio.

Recently picked up some bases etc to use for designs.

I've got my subframes and adaptors in stock if you choose any other seats

Jon

PH1 V6
Thanks Jon,

Giving GSM a call tomorrow to arrange to go and see them.
Apparently they also do custom seat colours!