ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seat belt warning light and noise

1.5 dci Mk3
Hi,

I have an on going issue where it was infrequent and I could deal with it, now it's a pain in the arse.

Even when the seatbelt is engaged about every 30 seconds or so the bugger starts going off, and doesn't stop unless you go over a pothole or wigle the buckle.

It gets annoying when im on the hour commute every day.

So temporarily, I've found the plug underneath the seat and unplugged it.

I've read with no clear answers that this is linked to the tensioner, so what I would really love to know is, by unplugging it at the connector have I disabled the tensioner?
I had a go at trying to open the seatbelt but I had nothing small enough to remove the bungs where I guess the circuit completes.

Anyone else had and solved this issue?

Much appreciated.

1.5 dci Mk3
Well thank F for that, it's been making me mad the last couple weeks, (it probably started 6 months ago)
and today I went for a 120 mile round trip and it done nothing but go off every few seconds.

I had the clocks out thinking I could stop the beep. Also the same speaker for indicators and I like that sound weirdly enough.