ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scrub radius which image is correct?

I take it the first is just displayed more accurate? When you add camber using the strut holes it doesnt effect the scrub radius since its the intercept of the lower joint. But If you were to place the suspension top mount inwards you would effectively being gaining a negative scrub? If it was already completely neutral say.

scrub1.jpg

1006phr_22_z%2Bthe_ultimate_steering_guide%2Bscrub_radius_diagram.jpg

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Isn’t it just!!.. don’t have to have any knowledge to write about anything... caster angle/ mechanical trail is the other factor in steering feel/weight... like scrub radius but looking side on to the car

406 V6, Race Buggy
As said. it's the first one, upper strut mount to balljoint, your kinematics are always to pivot points.

Any easy ish ways of checking what it is? I thought about taping around the wheel and putting a post up aside the car where Ill have a couple of make s**t arms that hover over and under the joints, mark around the post so when I move the car Ill put string or stick along the 2 points touching the ground.
IMG_1048.jpg

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
This is no real easy way to measure it.. I’ve modelled the front end in CAD though, so can work out the standard geo, then move the top mount and tell you what it would work out at. [emoji1360]

544106a5567dcad695bb0f670202f826.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great! Better than string :S

My castor is set to 4.75 and 4.69 o/s. Although I have increased camber via the wishbone bushes which Im guessing is a 5mm increase of track width. I was thinking about the variables because wouldn't even the ride height change the numbers? I know some of this is so small but it makes difference regardless of how much.