ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sburrell's dci 100

Audi Q7,BMW Z4,Clio
Checked the car.

There's a micro switch wired to the clutch but I couldn't see any other plugs just hanging around.

Pulled off the dimmer switch panel. There's the plug on the dimmer and one other small plug with two wires not seemingly doing anything.

What do you think?

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Checked the car.

There's a micro switch wired to the clutch but I couldn't see any other plugs just hanging around.

Pulled off the dimmer switch panel. There's the plug on the dimmer and one other small plug with two wires not seemingly doing anything.

What do you think?

Only just noticed this! Sounds to me like you've not got the wiring unfortunately. I had 4 plugs in the back of there

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Checked the car.

What do you think?
You'll be able to tell if you're prewired by popping off the top trim of the steering surround. If you've got 6 wires going into the squib you've got it. If you have four you don't.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So after much debate over the past few months, I've finally pulled the trigger and bought a new car. The dci will be going up for sale later tonight. Will be sad to see it go but I needed something a bit better than a clio for driving to work and back!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That makes me sad Stu but at the same time it's always good to have a new car. What did you go for in the end?

Sell me your dci really cheap just because I fancy a 100bhp conversion

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
That makes me sad Stu but at the same time it's always good to have a new car. What did you go for in the end?

Sell me your dci really cheap just because I fancy a 100bhp conversion

A Honda Civic type S GT, the 2.2 diesel one. So much nicer to be in than a Clio. I think the thing I like most is having an arm rest and a 6th gear lol! I'll miss the dci, although I've already started looking at mods for the Civic 😂 mapped to 200hp+ with a FMIC sounds rather appealing!

Make me an offer :wink: can't be any worse than trade in value. Mind you, I'm pretty sure the bottom end in my car doesn't fit a JC5 gearbox, so there's your 1*2 wide track setup out the window lol

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
A Honda Civic type S GT, the 2.2 diesel one. So much nicer to be in than a Clio. I think the thing I like most is having an arm rest and a 6th gear lol! I'll miss the dci, although I've already started looking at mods for the Civic 😂 mapped to 200hp+ with a FMIC sounds rather appealing!

Make me an offer :wink: can't be any worse than trade in value. Mind you, I'm pretty sure the bottom end in my car doesn't fit a JC5 gearbox, so there's your 1*2 wide track setup out the window lol
Oh lordy don't tempted me, let me know what you've been offered though although at the moment I doubt I'd be able to beat it. It would be a custom shaft job definitely.

Civic sounds lovely BTW matey. Had to quickly clock post before I got caught on CS whilst I'm meant to be revising! FMIC!!!!! YES BLAACCKKK. Hondas are jolly good cars.

Last edited:

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh lordy don't tempted me, let me know what you've been offered though although at the moment I doubt I'd be able to beat it. It would be a custom shaft job definitely.

Civic sounds lovely BTW matey. Had to quickly clock post before I got caught on CS whilst I'm meant to be revising! FMIC!!!!! YES BLAACCKKK. Hondas are jolly good cars.
I haven't had any offers yet! Although I know what I'd like for it and it's probably more than you'd want to pay if you want it cheap :tongueout:

Cheers mate! Lol, the FMIC on them looks so good! Can get a kit for them too which makes it nice and easy. Will probably enjoy the power for a while though before doing anything to it. Well, anything power wise anyway!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Strangely my bro went from the DCI 65 to a civic although he saw the light and got the petrol. (Also he may have just given me cash and asked me to get a civic so I bought the petrol one) Really nice car though, got a set of LED sidlights and MTEC headlamps for it which really improved the front end look and a type R knob and spacer for the inside. Enjoy the rear visibility and the f**king horrific parts prices.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Strangely my bro went from the DCI 65 to a civic although he saw the light and got the petrol. (Also he may have just given me cash and asked me to get a civic so I bought the petrol one) Really nice car though, got a set of LED sidlights and MTEC headlamps for it which really improved the front end look and a type R knob and spacer for the inside. Enjoy the rear visibility and the f**king horrific parts prices.

I don't think I could deal with the 1.8 petrol on motorway drives lol! I did think about it though but love a good diesel [emoji23]

I want HIDs rather than uprated bulbs for it, but I'm afraid I'll be burned at the stake on here for fitting them in reflector lenses.

Are the parts prices that bad? I'll go on the logic that if half as much goes wrong with it as does on a Clio I'll maybe break even then...

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ooh nice and cheap those, will give them a go then. That's not bad for fuel consumption! I like the torque of the diesel though and just being able to put the foot down and go (totally definitely not trying to justify a diesel here...).
Ahh see, twice the price of Clio parts, my logic still stands lol. That's fairly expensive though, didn't think they'd be like that for parts!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh yeah the torque should be a lot better for you, his is vtec y0 but being 140bhp nothing much happens at any revs! Although tbf to it I was often driving it straight after the turbo'd Laguna and Saab which only do mid range.

Aye it'll be similar I reckon. Replace parts half as often but for twice as much!

AB 182
Out of curiosity mate what size of spacers do you have? My 172s look at bit lost and no sure what size to go for!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Out of curiosity mate what size of spacers do you have? My 172s look at bit lost and no sure what size to go for!
I had 25mm on the front and 15mm hub spacers on the back mate. Wheels sat well but it didn't sit low enough IMO to suit it so took them back off. Rears are still on though as I could never be bothered with the effort of taking those off!

I think 15-20mm on the front would be better. The back sat fine though, but did rub until I rolled the arch lip in.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I haven't had any offers yet! Although I know what I'd like for it and it's probably more than you'd want to pay if you want it cheap :tongueout:

Cheers mate! Lol, the FMIC on them looks so good! Can get a kit for them too which makes it nice and easy. Will probably enjoy the power for a while though before doing anything to it. Well, anything power wise anyway!
You are totally right, I'm a poor student you know!

Try having 65bhp, it really is incredibly slow.

Clio 1.6 16V
Hi all,

Decided on making a project thread on here finally, partly out of pure late night boredom.

I bought my dci 100 back in December last year after a lot of searching for the right one. Finally found one and decided on travelling about 200 miles to go get it, with only pictures to go on! Luckily it paid off and I drove away with a car I was pretty happy with overall. It had a few niggles, mainly a couple of small dents in the roof at the rear on the drivers side. The brakes were needing new discs and pads too but since I had a set from my previous clio (wont go into that...wrote it off :dapprove:) those weren't a problem. Besides that though the car ran well and got me about 60mpg on the drive home sitting at around 70mph most of the way.

Don't have any pictures of the car back when I first got it, but this picture shows essentially how she looked back in December:

View attachment 1075361

I started out with a list of mods as long as my arm, and first on this list was a set of xenons and an RS grille. Got a set of xenons cheap off of ebay not long after buying the car, which turned out to be a nightmare to fit because the mounts had broken inside of them. So I decided the best bet was to rip them open, butcher my old reflector headlights and have a bash at fixing them!

View attachment 1075362

View attachment 1075363

View attachment 1075364

After a lot of work, this was the outcome:

Before
View attachment 1075365

After
View attachment 1075366

Not long after this I got myself an RS grille and some alloys from someone breaking a 172. Ended up getting another set of lights too for only £40 which recently came in handy when one of my ballasts decided to give up. Originally planned on refurbing the 172 alloys and getting them on for summer, but that got sidetracked and will have to wait after winter now.

RS grille fitted
View attachment 1075367

Trial fitting of the 172 alloys
View attachment 1075368

With summer in full swing, I decided to make the most of the rare occurrence that's known as dry weather up here in Scotland, and give my car a good clean. Spent a whole day cleaning, claying, polishing and waxing the car. Was quite pleased with the outcome, loved how smooth the paintwork was!
View attachment 1075369

Recently purchased everything required to retrofit cruise control to my car, so I now have a much easier commute to and from work every day! :D
Couple of other little things I did to the car along the way were:
  • Fitting LED interior, boot, number plate and sidelights
  • Mist washer jets off of ebay, 100 times better than the original washer jets
  • Fitted colour coded side strips
  • Fitted headlight washers to pass an MOT (only to find out I also need auto levelling...)

Finally, I've wanted to lower ever since I got it. Picked up a set of Eibach Sportlines and got these fitted along with new front dampers and top mounts. Makes an unbelievable difference to the look of the car and it handles so much better now.

Rear done
View attachment 1075370
View attachment 1075371

Fully lowered
View attachment 1075372
View attachment 1075373

So that's my car pretty much up to date. Future plans are (hopefully) as follows:
  • Replace timing belt
  • Remap
  • De-cat
  • New exhaust
  • 172 Rear Bumper
  • Respray front bumper and maybe bonnet too
  • Colour code door handles and front bumper plastics
  • Paint upper and lower Grille satin black? (opinions welcome on this)
  • Possibly a cup spoiler
  • Refurb and fit 172 alloys
  • Spacers (25mm front/10-15mm rear)
  • Some Alcantara interior parts

I'm going to try and keep this thread updated as much as possible for anyone that's interested.

Thanks for looking! :)

Do you know how much did the springs lowered the car here?