ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sat Nav and Radio Issues

Clio GT 128 VVT
Hoping someone could help me!
I have a 2010 Clio GT with in-built TomTom Sat Nav. Its worked no problem in the 18 months I've owned it but today it wont load any further than the stand-by screen. It stays on the analogue clock screen, the radio, CD, iPod, Bluetooth and Aux port are not working. Usually when you press the 'on' button it goes to the maps and connects to whatever you were previously listening too. I'm hoping its just having a Renault moment now that its cold as my old Clio used to refuse to play CDs every so often throughout winter, however I rely heavily on the Sat-Nav with uni and work. Any ideas??

Clio GT 128 VVT
zyez5i.jpg

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
If you've got the radio code for it, disconnect the battery for a bit and reconnect. Hopefully it should bring up an option to enter the radio code and then it should reboot the system.

Clio GT 128 VVT
So rang up Renault and they adivsed i did the same thing and disconnect it...hasn't worked its still defunct. Ringing up the local Renault garage tomorrow to see if they can fit it in before fri when i desperately need the sat nav back! Hoping its something as daft as a fuse or at the worst a new CD unit

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Where are you from? Someone on here might be able to give you a hand instead of taking it into Renault.

Clio GT 128 VVT
I'm near Hull, I've managed to get in touch with a mate who's popping over tuesday to have a look, so hopefully he can either fix it of tell me what the issue is

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Done a few replacement screens for this issue in my time. Sometimes reprogramming them on clip works.

Have you tried ejecting the sd card and putting it back in?

Clio GT 128 VVT
Yeah i have done makes no difference :-/, it was disconnected for over 30 mins yesterday hoping it would reboot it, and all it does is come up with a blank clock then remembers what the time is, which makes me think its more likely to be the CD unit rather than the actually Sat Nav. When I pulled the CD player out yesterday there did look to be a loose connection but i'm unsure if it was genuinely loose or if it just happen to fall out as it was removed. Anyway hopefully it will be sorted this week one way or another, just praying its not expensive. Knew getting the Sat Nav would come back and bite me on the a*** eventually lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Radio doesn't control the sat nav, it just displays the radios information. I'm pretty sure I replaced screen in a Megane (same setup) for the same issue your having. Anyways take it to Renault and they will tell you what's what as I needs to go on clip to see what's going on.

Clio GT 128 VVT
Hmm, but I've heard in most cases that even if the Sat Nav isn't working the radio etc normally works which it isnt, and also the radio turns the Sat Nav on and off. I dunno, just getting fed up having to sing to myself lol

clio 197
Hi
New to the forum. My daughters car has exactly the same problem. Did you get this fixed? What was it please? Thanks Terry

Laguna 3 2011
Did someone solve this issue, my satnav and radio are not working like 1 month and im getting really fed up with it.. If someone knows the solution please let me know. Cheers

Renault clio
Did someone solve this issue, my satnav and radio are not working like 1 month and im getting really fed up with it.. If someone knows the solution please let me know. Cheers
No
Renault wanted to charge me a extortionate amount of money to fix it decided to use my phone sat nav and speaker instead
If you solve it let me know ??

Renault clio
Nearly £1500 replacing radio and resetting sat nav
Cars only worth £4000
Not getting a Renult again if they are ripping of there customers like that