ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sam's BG 182 Project

Been meaning to give my car a service before the winter, so ordered all the bits up again and gave it an oil and filter change. Find that changing the oil filter is a right pain.. So I use a jar opener to grip hold of it. Works pretty well!
4d87dcfd433323be332a9db278a66c07.jpg

Also I recently built a new induction kit for it, cost me around £75 to make I believe.. But I think it looks great and really has made a difference to the car. Money well spent [emoji106]

b9db468ba70a403e41fdb6fe2d5ab615.jpg

All done [emoji1]

ff9d0226d32505ddc95222779958c660.jpg

Hopefully will be buying the passenger seat + a full cage for it ready for the summer!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Its actually not a one piece bend :smiley:. It is two 90 Degree bends with a 70mm hose joiner connecting the two. Makes a tight fit and a clean looking IK!

I can see that now, looking closer. It looks good.

Do you have a link to the items you bought? I know you can buy pipes and filters on eBay but I like the ones you got, rather than the "ash" ones. I like the slim pipercross filter too.

@Dr Jekyll
Okay here is A list of what I bought. The silicone hoses/pipes do require slight cutting down so they fit perfectly (very easy to do):

I bought two 70mm 90 degree Silicone elbows: Link

Two 70mm Alloy Hose Joiners. They join both Elbows together and the elbow to the filter: Link + unfortunately the first time I bought 1 off demon tweaks, It was £12.. Then did a bit of searching and found this one. Does the same job!

Then I need to sort out the Oil Breather, so I bought a 13mm elbow/connector. I drilled a hole in the silicone elbow and pushed this through. Link
For the actual breather pipe I actually bought A new silicone hose Link I bought 1/2 Metre, 13mm in black.

I suppose you can get any Air filter with A 70mm Neck.. But its trial end error as they wont all fit behind the headlight!.
The filter I bought is: Link ( I don't remember paying that much for just the filter!)

Hope this helps :smile:!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it does mate, thanks.

Mines a ph1 so breather will run slightly different to yours I believe. I like the pipercross one as its slim. I took off my ktec one but miss the sound, but engine and box is coming out in a few weeks and I'll doing a clean up, so I'm thinking of doing my own "ktec" diy IK withought the price tag as my ph1 box is fu*ked!

Thanks buddy.

Storm Grey 200 turbo
Great thread, really interested in seeing the upcoming changes!
Met you at Lakeside a few weeks back (Alien Green 200) yours goes well and looks super clean.

Great thread, really interested in seeing the upcoming changes!
Met you at Lakeside a few weeks back (Alien Green 200) yours goes well and looks super clean.
Cheers Jack, So am I! Going to be doing a lot to it early next year :)
Yeah it's good fun and is a relatively clean car.
What are you going to be buying next?

So after a year of ownership I have decided that this is going to become my track car. Just bought a 6 point cage. Being fitted Thursday with a harness bar. Doorbars will eventually go in.. Just not sure if they will this month or not.

Also bought Ferrodo DS2500's and Brembo HC discs after going through my old set at brands last Monday!

A few pictures of the cage. (Ignore the Bride seat)

91fa6c0f2bd3e78257316ff5f2ba7db3.jpg

9125c11afd919ca9644cfc95b74d8ec5.jpg

a7c36e0bb774885eb876199d36b52fb4.jpg

Not too long now :)! Booked another track day for December 12th so hopefully cage is all in for then!

The rollcage is now in the Clio :smile:. Took a while to get right and there is a few bits that need adding but it is in!
I need to get the door bars + Harness bar put in and some padding. Got some photos
IMAG2013_zps32888832.jpg
']
IMAG2013_zps32888832.jpg
[/URL]
IMAG2012_zps58a9304a.jpg
']
IMAG2012_zps58a9304a.jpg
[/URL]
IMAG2008_zps44d16175.jpg
']
IMAG2008_zps44d16175.jpg
[/URL]

Very happy with it! Now I have got to this stage it may be time to retire it as my daily.. and look to get a 197!
Still have a huge list for it, hopefully ready for next summer!

Small update, Got my pads and discs through from @ldubl and got round to getting them fitted straight away. Ferodo DS2500 Pads and Brembo HC Discs, hopefully will notice a huge improvement tomorrow at Brands hatch :smile:. Just a few little photos!
IMAG2019_zpsfcc7285c.jpg
']
IMAG2019_zpsfcc7285c.jpg
[/URL]
IMAG2020_zps231bcc08.jpg
']
IMAG2020_zps231bcc08.jpg
[/URL]

Good stuff Sam! Hope they performed well for you today?
I can't believe how good they are.. Genuinely has changed the way I can drive on track. Soo much more confidence with them. Looks like I need a new exhaust as got black flagged for being too loud [emoji45].

The cage is being painted. But not powder coated

Is it a bolt in?

How are you finding the Corbeau? Anything to compare it to? Looks very similar to pole positions.
Plates weld in then the cagebolts to them. I also have a harness bar + door bars and a few strengthening gussets to weld in, this is why its been left unpainted.

Corbeau seat is fantastic. Can't recommend it enough, very comfortable and is a good quality product. I have sat in many different bucket seats before such as tillet racing seats, pole positions, bride buckets and to be honest these are just a comfy as the pole positions. They just lack the extreme quality of the recaro brand... Which is expected

Might have missed it but what make is the cage?

For the price the seats look really good. Just debating it for mine at the moment. If you don't mind me asking which one did you go for the standard width or larger? And what waist size/height are you?

Its an Oreca 6 Point Cage.

They are good. I went for the standard size, it is very snug on me, 32" Waist and I am just over 6ft. When I buy another for the passenger seat I will get the Larger width as many people have struggled to get comfortable in the drivers seat!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Great thread.
I've been looking at the same seat for track work, I'll go for the wider width I think though, I'm only a 32 waist but very wide shoulder wise and 6ft4 so I think that would be the better option for me, good to see you are getting on well with it though.

Good luck with the future plans :)

Great thread.
I've been looking at the same seat for track work, I'll go for the wider width I think though, I'm only a 32 waist but very wide shoulder wise and 6ft4 so I think that would be the better option for me, good to see you are getting on well with it though.

Good luck with the future plans :smile:
Thanks :smile:. I have sat in the regular size seat and it is fine, but it didn't feel very snug on me. I will be buying another asap for the passenger now that I have a rollcage!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks :smile:. I have sat in the regular size seat and it is fine, but it didn't feel very snug on me. I will be buying another asap for the passenger now that I have a rollcage!

I'll have to find somewhere I can have a sit in both I think, see which one works best for me, could you tell me how you have gone about mounting the eye bolts for the lap belts on your harnesses? I have head you can mount them to the omp frames somehow?

It's nice to see a project thread that has gone the same direction as I want mine to go, I was going to go for the cooksport/ standard dampers as welll so at least I know it seems to work for people!

I'll have to find somewhere I can have a sit in both I think, see which one works best for me, could you tell me how you have gone about mounting the eye bolts for the lap belts on your harnesses? I have head you can mount them to the omp frames somehow?

It's nice to see a project thread that has gone the same direction as I want mine to go, I was going to go for the cooksport/ standard dampers as welll so at least I know it seems to work for people!
Good idea, worth getting a seat you will be comfortable in! Heres a photo of how I have mounted them:
IMAG1773_zpsa347d1c2.jpg

Drilled through the floor, spreader plates on other side of eye bolts. Looks very neat! I think you could somehow do it to the omp subframe but I didn't bother.

I am very shocked about how well the suspension works on road and on track, I'm at the point where I cant see how coilovers are going to help me 😂. But i'm sure it will only get better! I have had friends compliment how good my suspension set up is, it just feels planted everywhere with no obvious body roll which is great.

Decided that I will get my cage Powdercoated.. Whilst the cage is out of the car I have painted the interior of the car.
5d33751cfb0350d1ca047640ad308164.jpg
a3f754899743c9f8ee58419509354a61.jpg

Also just a quick shot before it changes a lot before the summer! Me and my mates have decided to go to Nurburgring on the 7th May for the weekend. So time to get a lot done!
5aab231ead852a2b9b5a0a1e33967537.jpg

Your clio looks nice but my goodness that truck looks incredible.
Yeah the truck is very cool.. It's owned by a friend of mine. Never really payed it too much attention to be honest.. Usually because it's typical surroundings are things like this
012306929cc69f17e5567edf1abb2c8f.jpg

May have to have a proper look at it when I am there next [emoji23]!