ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RyG's RB182.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
8E50DA17-E5C8-43A1-9C38-D0E32FD002F6.jpeg

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
What Dan said.. Great finish! Looks much better, what did you end up using in the end mate?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
What Dan said.. Great finish! Looks much better, what did you end up using in the end mate?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hammerite smooth white. I managed to get through around 10 tins and if I'm honest, the roof could have used an extra tin or two but it's not cheap stuff, and a horrid job to do (I'm sure I've reduced my lifespan by quite a few years!!)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Decisions decisions....

I love stripes on RB’s.
But I have a roof scoop for this and think the stripes will look odd with that.

Hmmmm....

81A35001-7E25-47D8-B2D0-17EB272F2094.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looks way better without

Just looks like the car was parked when the council were re doing the road.

In fact on all those pics above they look s**t

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks way better without

Just looks like the car was parked when the council were re doing the road.

In fact on all those pics above they look s**t

You'll come around.

This is an awful example, but maybe you could invest in a similar version of this...? Could match the stripe you put back on the RB when you come to your senses! :p

upload_2018-1-5_13-35-50.jpeg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Decisions decisions....

I love stripes on RB’s.
But I have a roof scoop for this and think the stripes will look odd with that.

Hmmmm....

View attachment 1351840
Can I ask a silly question? Why the f**k are you fitting a roof scoop??

You turn a fairly nice looking, sellable, car, in something that only 0.1% of the population would ever consider buying.. not to mention making it look daft as f**k..

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member

You turn a fairly nice looking, sellable, car, in something that only 0.1% of the population would ever consider buying.. not to mention making it look daft as f**k..
I know they serve a purpose , but I have to agree with this. If it's not too late, please don't go cutting a massive hole into the roof of your really nice little car!

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup

I know they serve a purpose , but I have to agree with this. If it's not too late, please don't go cutting a massive hole into the roof of your really nice little car!

+ 3.

Ry can do as he pleases, however I have to agree, I think cutting the roof is crazy. It doesn't get that hot in a Clio during tack time, especially in the UK!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

+ 3.

Ry can do as he pleases, however I have to agree, I think cutting the roof is crazy. It doesn't get that hot in a Clio during tack time, especially in the UK!
Awaits pic of hole in roof... [emoji23][emoji23]

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Pretty much because I want a roof scoop. This car will never be sold, it will either be smashed in to oblivion or broken for parts whenever I'm done with it, so sale-ability doesn't come in to it at all. I quite like the look and I also perspire like a motherfucker on track days, its seriously verging on embarrassing #tubby so it will serve a real purpose for me.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
+ 3.

You were considerably skinnier than me last time we met haha It gets extremely warm in a fully stripped clio, even with the windows cracked open :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Pretty much because I want a roof scoop. This car will never be sold, it will either be smashed in to oblivion or broken for parts whenever I'm done with it, so sale-ability doesn't come in to it at all. I quite like the look and I also perspire like a motherfucker on track days, its seriously verging on embarrassing #tubby so it will serve a real purpose for me.
Fair play, I just think it looks terrible, but I'll keep schtum.

Great work otherwise

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
God that’s clean. What is it all off for?

I was planning on re-fitting my rear spring adjusters but one has seized solid so I abandoned that (need some heat).

Whilst up in the air I thought I’d have a crack at removing the rear bumper as I’ve never done it before. Remarkably easy!

Whilst off gave it a quick clean. I’ll cover it in Tough coat before I re-assemble too.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks good mate.

How many bolts hold the rear bumper on?

6 in total. Two you can see above the bumper when you open the boot. One either side under the rear arches, and two in the middle roughly one each above the exhaust pipes.

One of mine was buggered though so I chopped it off. Will chuck a new bolt and nut on it instead.