ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RPM and Speed Signals

Can anyone tell me where I can tap into the vehicle speed and rpm signals?
I have a Cartek gear indicator to fit.
Alternatively I can buy a Canbus adaptor lead, but as that costs over £100 I'd rather wire it in directly, but just in case that's not feasible can anyone confirm that the 182 has Canbus.

Many thanks
Andy

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
You can tap into the rpm signal on the coil pack wiring, but the speed signal comes from the abs ecu reading the left front wheel speed sensor so you will require something that can communicate with that system.

You can tap into the rpm signal on the coil pack wiring, but the speed signal comes from the abs ecu reading the left front wheel speed sensor so you will require something that can communicate with that system.

Sounds complicated, maybe best to just go for the canbus adaptor and plug it into the OBD port.
Perhaps wait until after I've recovered from the expense of the Christmas season though!
Thanks for the reply

PH2 172
Sounds complicated, maybe best to just go for the canbus adaptor and plug it into the OBD port.
Perhaps wait until after I've recovered from the expense of the Christmas season though!
Thanks for the reply

Is the loom feeding the instrument panel a too simplistic answer?

Is the loom feeding the instrument panel a too simplistic answer?

That's what I used on the subaru, where the indicator was originally fitted, but that was quite easy as I had a speed converter fitted (Kmh to mph being an import) and detailed wiring diagrams to identify the RPM signal.

So if I can connect into that loom it would be ideal, but what I'm really looking for is:
' On the green multipin on the instrument panel connect into the blue wire for rpm and grey wire for speed'

Please replace with the correct info........... not asking much I know?
I just don't have, or know where to find, detailed wiring diagrams for the Clio