ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ross-Tech VCDS Cable (VAGCOM)

I know this is a Clio forum but lots of people on here own things from other manufactures so I figured I'd post this here.
I have a Ross-Tech VCDS Hex-Can cable and live near Cardiff.

I've gotten all I need out of it so far but I'll be keeping it in case I need it for future diagnostic/tinkering purposes.

If you own something from the VAG range and need a ridiculously in-depth fault analysis of your car or want to have a go at coding and turn on a few toys that may have come switched off with your car then give me a shout.

My only requests are that you do a bit of research concerning what you want before we plug anything into your car and also remember that I'm a normal human with a job and a life and the time constraints that come with the above.

Otherwise it's a really good bit of kit and we might as well put it to use. :blush:

Rs200t lux
Hi
I know I'm miles away from you and can't use your services
But can I pick your brain on the vagcom hex
I don't know how Indepth you got
I have just bought a s5 and the keyless entry seems to be turned off . I have gave Audi a buzz and they have confirmed that the car came with it
I have tried various eBay vagcom scanners but they won't connect , I've been told that only the hex will connect to the 2008 s5
I am wanting to turn on the door entry the lap counter and also do rear pads but can't get any reader to connect to the k/ line
Have you come across what I've read that if the door module or abs module goes the code readers won't connect unless they are vagcom hex cable
Cheers shocker

You need HEX+CAN for 2008 S5.

A lot of non genuine code readers are shite and won't work and avoid non genuine leads as they can fry certain modules.

Also it's likely your door sensor is at fault which is why your keyless isn't working. A proper scan with VCDS will confirm what's wrong though.

Rs200t lux

A lot of non genuine code readers are shite and won't work and avoid non genuine leads as they can fry certain modules.

Also it's likely your door sensor is at fault which is why your keyless isn't working. A proper scan with VCDS will confirm what's wrong though.

Thanks
I love fixing cars myself and always managed with obd
My Audi reads can obd ok but not the k/line so may think I'll bite the bullet and book it into Audi until I learn more about vagcom hex and maybe get a hold of a wiring diagram to check continuity of k line cables

Hi
I know I'm miles away from you and can't use your services
But can I pick your brain on the vagcom hex
I don't know how Indepth you got
I have just bought a s5 and the keyless entry seems to be turned off . I have gave Audi a buzz and they have confirmed that the car came with it
I have tried various eBay vagcom scanners but they won't connect , I've been told that only the hex will connect to the 2008 s5
I am wanting to turn on the door entry the lap counter and also do rear pads but can't get any reader to connect to the k/ line
Have you come across what I've read that if the door module or abs module goes the code readers won't connect unless they are vagcom hex cable
Cheers shocker

I agree with Paprika123, it sounds more like something is at fault as opposed to turned off.
A proper scan with VCDS will alert you to any faults that a controller may have logged that your bog standard reader will not.
How far away are you? I have a genuine Ross-Tech HEX+CAN cable so I get all the software updates and I'm not concerned about plugging it into different cars.

I think the Audi Sport forum keep a database and map of helpful folks round Britain with VCDS. Might be worth checking there :smile:

Well if it helps anyone I've got a genuine one that I bought from Gendan Automotive in Swansea. I wanted the software updates and it seemed too good a tool to scrimp on.

I think the Audi Sport forum keep a database and map of helpful folks round Britain with VCDS. Might be worth checking there :smile:

Well if it helps anyone I've got a genuine one that I bought from Gendan Automotive in Swansea. I wanted the software updates and it seemed too good a tool to scrimp on.

I'm sure mk5gti forum also has a list of local vcds people.

Got mine from Gendan too, easily paid for itself twice over and rosstech guys have been good with stuff for the MK7 R when I've been unable to find coding on forums.

Rs200t lux
Hi
I'm in Scotland a little to far away , once I know my car is fixed , I think I will buy a proper cable and software
I think your all on the right track with something at fault and the reader not reading
I have used my 5053 reader on a 2004 Audi s4 and it read ok and also reset the airbags
And a vw caddy van with no problems
From what I've read cheaper readers don't work when a module is down
Will try the other forums and thanks for your help guys
Cheers shocker

Hi
I'm in Scotland a little to far away , once I know my car is fixed , I think I will buy a proper cable and software
I think your all on the right track with something at fault and the reader not reading
I have used my 5053 reader on a 2004 Audi s4 and it read ok and also reset the airbags
And a vw caddy van with no problems
From what I've read cheaper readers don't work when a module is down
Will try the other forums and thanks for your help guys
Cheers shocker

I'm in Scotland buddy, where you at?

No. Ends DSO. Think the AAV one has been chopped in for a golf r
Small world. Drop me a PM if you want a shot of my VCDS lead or a quick scan done to see if it comes up with anything.

cliogolf.jpg

Rs200t lux
Small world. Drop me a PM if you want a shot of my VCDS lead or a quick scan done to see if it comes up with anything.

cliogolf.jpg
Nice pic
And it was a very good track day
I thought I was doing OK in my wee clio against the meganes and along came this golf r lol you drive round me on the hairpin like I was going backwards
Andy ( papps ) and my face was a picture
I could not believe how quick the golf was
I'm working all week and weekend I think , also car going into garage tomorrow from were I bought the car for the problem on the keyless entry
If they give me the run around I'll give you a message and if you don't mind giving it a quick scan hopefully it should tell me what I need to fix it
Cheers Don