ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ronald's BG RS Megane 175dCi

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Had @Pacman. 's brother round today to remove some dents on the nearside.

He's done an amazing job!

Anyone in the Essex/Herts ares needing a dent man get in touch.

33775112356_a0754729ad_k.jpg
IMG_2094 by David Burns, on Flickr

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
These dent guys are ace. Comes to our place does four or five cars in about 30 mins ish, £100, done. He says he doesn't, mouths to feed, third world countries to save. But he must make a tidy sum.

Only has some crappy bars and stuff, pfft easy.

Mmm

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
Ahh nice one glad he has done a great job. If anyone else needs his number give me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Ahh nice one glad he has done a great job. If anyone else needs his number give me a PM.
I need it, I think I have it but can't remember what I've saved it as...

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
My spacers are alright on mine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
How come mate? What were the issues with them?

I went for 16mm hubcentrics after a year of running it round on h&r coilies. That was a superb set up, and one I'd run again with no hesitation, really pointy and complient

I added the spacers and it ruined it. Blunted the turn in, felt nervous on the brakes, totally lost all confidence in it. So they were punted on, sharpish, 30mm must be horrid!!!

Clio 197
I'm not sure if lower offset wheels have exactly the same effect as spacers (i'm guessing they do) but i've had no problem with ET45 alloys on mine (equivalent to 23mm spacers iirc).

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I saw this thread and knew I had to get one myself. View attachment 185930

Top work mate!!!

Any plans or you keeping standard?

I've put an RS badge in the front grille but that's about me done. Was thinking about spacers but I've decided to leave it well alone.

I'm going to be getting it professionally detailed and a ceramic coating when I come back from holiday.

Clio 182
Top work mate!!!

Any plans or you keeping standard?

I've put an RS badge in the front grille but that's about me done. Was thinking about spacers but I've decided to leave it well alone.

I'm going to be getting it professionally detailed and a ceramic coating when I come back from holiday.

Ideally keeping it std. needs a tidy up but nothing majour on that front.
Oh and the gearbox is toast so I've got to rip that out.
It's got a toyo manifold with a sports cat and miltek system.
She sounds amazing. Other than than some polybushes I think it's all std.
it's in a different league to a 182. Glad I upgraded.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
The paint on this has been in a right state since I bought it. Swirls and light scratches absolutely everywhere.

I've been wanting to attack it with the DA for ages but never seemed to get the time to do it.

I've spent the last 2 days attacking it with the DA with a yellow hex logic pad and Rupes zephir coarse compound. I know that sounds like a harsh combination but I tried other pads and polishes and they just weren't touching this paint.

I'm not sure whether or not all RB top coat is like concrete or if it's just mine?

Anyway I was lucky enough to be able to use @rs 1an 's new unit to tuck myself away and get on with it.

There's still a few bits that needs seeing to, mostly the hard to get to bits. I'll tackle those when I'm off work next week. I've got a mini rotary kit with loads of pads to try.

Topped it off with Carpro Reload.

Not the best pics but you get the idea

rs 1an's new unit (Soon to be The Car Studio)
IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

New CS sticker :hearteyes:

IMG_0613.JPG

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Looks absolutely great, especially in the sun.
Can certainly vouch for H&R spacers, how it should have looked originally.
End up getting new plates for it?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
That looks incredible, a real credit to you mate.

Cheers buddy. I was just reading your build thread. Now that is a credit to you mate! Proper hardcore tip top work.

Looks absolutely great, especially in the sun.
Can certainly vouch for H&R spacers, how it should have looked originally.
End up getting new plates for it?

Cheers buddy. I'm still umming and Ahing over spacers.

I was looking at cup spoilers today as well 🙈

Clio 182
I've done about 200 miles in mine since the box was rebuilt. I can't seem to find time to use it.
Are you using yours daily?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I've done about 200 miles in mine since the box was rebuilt. I can't seem to find time to use it.
Are you using yours daily?

Yeah it's my daily driver.

I've heard people moan that with the cup suspension they're a bit harsh but compared to my 182 on cooksports the 200 positively comfy.

Clio 182
I find the drive fine, I dont get the hate for one as a daily, I just choose to use the old diesel due to how dirty I get at work.
Even the mpg is 30 which is 2 less than my 182

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
25mm all round is what I have. But I do have Coilovers. So 20s maybe ?