ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ronald's BG RS Megane 175dCi

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Maybe. I've got a tiny 300mm momo on and after a few months I'm still not sure about it. More the rim thickness than the diameter but also I think I prefer the oem look. The Meg 3RS ones look good too. ?

There’s a guide on YouTube re fitting mark 3 wheel on a mark 2. There’s a certain size washer you need and if you have cruise control there’s a little bit of soldering too. Nothing too griefy though.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Had H&R springs and PMS spacers fitted at the weekend. Due to the shocking weather today I only managed to get one quick pic.

The cup springs are pretty hard so to be honest the ride on these H&R’s is almost identical.

7589F49A-1C65-4607-A94F-9448DBA3A6E9.png

The Akrapovic exhaust is being fitted tomorrow ❤

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
This is looking really good now ??

Cheers Daz. I’m beginning to fall in love with it now. It’s taken a while tbh.

the akrapovic is glorious, i wish they did one with the carbon trims for a 182 ?, the gw200 looks excellent man, ill be sure to get a good swatch at csf!

Cheers bruvva!

Look forward to catching up with you at CSF ?

Looks quality now mate top work !!??
Not cheap thou the akra's ??

Cheers Davo!

It wasn’t cheap but I did get a bit of a bargain. I’d set a maximum of what I wanted to spend. This one came up and made an offer that was accepted.

I have to say that it was money very well spent!

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5
I just looked at prices for the akra new. Oh my.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It’s been a week since the springs and spacers were fitted and a few days since the Akra exhaust was fitted.

I genuinely think that the ride on these H&R springs is less harsh than the cup springs. The spacers did give a slightly different feel to the steering but I’m now completely used to it and it all feels great.

The exhaust is truly epic. Best modification I’ve ever done on a car.

To say I’m happy with the car now would be an understatement.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Car flew through it’s MOT without any advisories whatsoever! BOOM!

I was a bit concerned about emissions because the Akrapovic evolution takes out the secondary cat. But there no issues thankfully ❤️

Spent a few hours this evening washing it because it was absolutely hanging ?

Used Auto Finesse aqua coat for the first time having purchased 5 litres in their sale a few weeks back. Very impressed tbh.

I was having serious issues with Hydro2 lite leaving marks everywhere but the aqua coat was absolutely fine.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Had my air conditioning condenser replaced today. It was absolutely fucked (corroded).

£190 for the part and a further £160 to have it fitted.

Whilst it was expensive, after sitting in traffic on the M25 last Thursday with no AC I know it was money well spent.

Proper ice cold now! Wallop!

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Went and collected this from @Old Tarby! on Saturday. The drive back from the 1930’s (Stoke) was good and the car never missed a beat.

Some may recognise it as it was also owned by @Daniel once upon a time.

It’s not mint and I wasn’t expecting it to be but it’s in bloody good Nick for a 12 year old car.

Due to a slightly longer trip to work now I wanted something that was going to be better on fuel. I averaged 50mpg coming back from Stoke which is much better than the Clio’s 30mpg on a good day.

Going forward my plans are to spend as little as possible on it other than a Snappy wheel refurb some Brembo calliper stickers.

F950197D-E96D-40E2-80E4-66270192CF0D.jpeg