ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP Audi Daily Driver

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So my Audi has died. It’s been with my for 8 years and I’ve done around 150k miles on it - a total of 225k miles on the clock.

I put this post on Instagram yesterday after i treated it to a wash.

644B3175-1D04-43F2-8878-4162606A6410.png

Drove down to Doncaster to get some service parts as I always do the oil every six months as wanted to hit the 300k mark.

Anyway, as I pulled onto my drive there was a noise and the car cut out. My worst fears were realised - the belt had snapped.

D5512E35-2952-404B-8E30-644C14CC3001.jpeg

I was pretty miffed as I did the belt in 2015 which was only 50k ago so wasn’t due for another year or so.

Anyway, was left with the decision of whether to try and fix or sell. With the miles I didn’t think it was worth fixing (for
Me as I’d have to pay someone to do it) so I decided to stick it on eBay with no reserve. A guy called me after 20 mins and offered me £500 which I took. He said he’d be with my in 30 mins and turned up and took it. Said he’s gonna fix it which I hope he will.

9FAAA103-5054-41E3-94EA-C4E827E420E0.jpeg

So there she goes - best car I’ve owned and I’m genuinely gutted it’s gone.

Now it’s time to find another car for the kids to wreck!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Shame but Can't grumble at that mate mega miles how much did you pay for it when you bought it?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It was expensive.

Paid 6.5k for the car in 2010 but then the gearbox shat it’s pants which cost 5k to sort out.

If it wasn’t for the box it would have been a mega car.

Sad times indeed.
It sounds remarkably similar to Danny DC2's 'Good Car' A4 Avant and managed similar mileage before it died too.
Like the new bus though, very smart upgrade to the A4 IMO.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ah well onwards and upwards, the old car was a great car and hopefully the new one does the job.
I like the A6 Avant a lot.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Sad times indeed.
It sounds remarkably similar to Danny DC2's 'Good Car' A4 Avant and managed similar mileage before it died too.
Like the new bus though, very smart upgrade to the A4 IMO.

Danny’s belt didn’t snap though. I think his was a tensioner that gave up. But yeah, same spec and age etc when they both died.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
What is the full spec of the A6?

Heated Leather, Bose, parking sensors, radar cruise, sat nav, soft close doors, some light that comes on to tell you someone’s in your blind spot, drl pack, auto closing boot lid thing, rear privacy blinds, some bizarre load thing in the boot etc etc

I think it’s more or less got every option you could have at the time.

Certainly better equipped than the Volvo.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Heated Leather, Bose, parking sensors, radar cruise, sat nav, soft close doors, some light that comes on to tell you someone’s in your blind spot, drl pack, auto closing boot lid thing, rear privacy blinds, some bizarre load thing in the boot etc etc

Gucci as fcuk.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

What is it... 3.0 TDI ?