ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing Xenon headlamp with normal Headlamp

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My nearside xenon headlamp is broken so looking to replace but the cost of a xenon headlamp is high so thought about replacing both sides with normal headlamps and selling O/S xenon headlamp . The car is only used for hillclimbing, but has to be road legal. Is the wiring the same or am I going ot have to start messing with the loom?

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wiring is all the same. Just a straight swap. What is broken on the N/S one?

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the quick response!!
The headlamp reflector mechanism is loose inside the casing. I thought about separating the casing but seems a lot of people have had problems.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
There is a guide on here to replace the mounts that hold the reflector in place with BMW ones from eBay. They cost about £3 and it's easy to do. No need to remove the lens, can be done from behind the lamp.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the quick response!!
The headlamp reflector mechanism is loose inside the casing. I thought about separating the casing but seems a lot of people have had problems.

Are you sure its broken? Mine was flopping all over the shop after I changed bulbs. I managed to get a finger inside the bulb hole and pull the reflector back onto its clips - been fine ever since... might be worth a shot before doing anything too drastic :)