ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault 5 GT Turbo refresh

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
That looks stunning, a proper blast from the past. I’d love to open the garage and see something as tidy as that sat in there.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
It's really nice to have it back. Idle needs sorting and carb setting up after rebuild, can't do any of this until I have put a few hundred miles on it. I was very careful with the spec and how the cam was dialed in to make it less laggy. It's only running 5 psi currently and the spool is much better, I will leave it now until Feb so the guy who built engine and carb can set fueling up.

A special one.
I really want this, i cant afford it but i want it.

In a twisted, fcked up kind of way im glad the old engine shat its self, the engine bay looks bloody fantastic mate. Just how it should look. :up:

cat171

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yes!!! :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes: 24psi though :eek:penmouth: it'll be an animal! Careful not to blow the welds in the intake ;)

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Covered 400 miles now running in the engine. Tweaked the carb so idle, cold and warm start are bang on. Dropping oil and filter for the last change tomorrow and changing the rad (leaking) and fitting a genuine header tank as the new one warps on the outlet when hot.

Next weekend it's time for boost!!!

330i. E30 Touring.
Predictable outcome is predictable.

I look forward to the thread in 18 months time of you buying it back to restore for a third time. xx

A special one.
If it's replacement isn't a Spec C then I can't see how we can be friends anymore.

You haven't even driven it and had some fun out of all of your hard work and massive expense.