ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Renault 5 GT Turbo refresh

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
lol it's common alright. Then they always come back :D.

That 400 looked pretty tidy underneath when he removed the underseal, as Ant says just the usual corrosion. Those saying get a 320-340 they don't hold the same sort of value. I was inches away from selling my MR 340 for 15,500. A good 400 will go for twice that. Those are up there with Tommi Maks now for collectability. Would rather have mine for drivability though :p

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Meh! It has BC coilovers fitted.
Fair enough. I don't get it though, he's only had it since July ? And he's selling already. Is that pretty common ?
He's a trader and will be making a small amount.
lol it's common alright. Then they always come back :smiley:.

That 400 looked pretty tidy underneath when he removed the underseal, as Ant says just the usual corrosion. Those saying get a 320-340 they don't hold the same sort of value. I was inches away from selling my MR 340 for 15,500. A good 400 will go for twice that. Those are up there with Tommi Maks now for collectability. Would rather have mine for drivability though :tongueout:
It's going to be wragged alright!

R.S 200
lol it's common alright. Then they always come back :smiley:.

That 400 looked pretty tidy underneath when he removed the underseal, as Ant says just the usual corrosion. Those saying get a 320-340 they don't hold the same sort of value. I was inches away from selling my MR 340 for 15,500. A good 400 will go for twice that. Those are up there with Tommi Maks now for collectability. Would rather have mine for drivability though :tongueout:
That's why I said about a 320-340.. half the value so it can be enjoyed more. Can drive it/stone chip it etc without worry of values.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
That's why I said about a 320-340.. half the value so it can be enjoyed more. Can drive it/stone chip it etc without worry of values.
Yeah there's that, but I think Ant's had enough of these to know what he wants so best not to think too much into it :smiley: lol

I can see the appeal, though. White Evo's (VIII+) are rare enough as it is. A white 400 is extra nummy.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
after a very long drive and being stopped by the police for literally no reason boost has been restored! 20psi, lots more scope but that's enough and fook me it's quick.

As for the copper, not impressed. He was in a marked car doing 60 on A34, I went past at 70mph, followed me for a few miles and put the blues on. He reckons I was doing 80mph!!! Well I checked the speedo via gps the day before and it's only 3mph out. Don't know what his problem was. Checked insurance and the usual bits, said it was a offence not to have my license on me (bollox) and let me on my way. No points, don't get it. Won't even go into the V5 as it was embarrassing for him.

Reactions: 0ss

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
could just be the following.

The copper is probably an arse in general (his work colleagues probably think he's an arse too) and he's in a mood.

Your speedo is reading 70mph when your actually doing 73mph. His speedo could have been reading 70 when he was actually doing say 67mph. So you tootle past him in your little French hot hatched (in his head taking the piss) doing somewhere in the region of 6-8mph faster than him when he thinks he's doing the limit. Then it goes from there.

I admit reading your post on the other website the whole incident does sound odd especially calling for back up, but maybe he's just a little bit of a dick.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
could just be the following.

The copper is probably an arse in general (his work colleagues probably think he's an arse too) and he's in a mood.

Your speedo is reading 70mph when your actually doing 73mph. His speedo could have been reading 70 when he was actually doing say 67mph. So you tootle past him in your little French hot hatched (in his head taking the piss) doing somewhere in the region of 6-8mph faster than him when he thinks he's doing the limit. Then it goes from there.

I admit reading your post on the other website the whole incident does sound odd especially calling for back up, but maybe he's just a little bit of a dick.
f**k knows. I wouldn't be concerned if it was a traffic cop acting professional but this guy was far from it. Throw his toys out the pram proper. Hopefully I will hear nothing more of it.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Does the speedo have any adjustment in it?

Some older ones have a little screw thing on the back of the clocks to allow for a couple of % adjustment in the speedo.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
A 5 Turbo being pulled over? Must have felt like you were in the 90s again. He sounds like a plank, too. Like the one that was trying to check my factory tints on my Ph1 for being legal or not.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Rangie Sport, Westie
f**k knows. I wouldn't be concerned if it was a traffic cop acting professional but this guy was far from it. Throw his toys out the pram proper. Hopefully I will hear nothing more of it.
Mate I hear you. On Thursday I was pulled over in the Rangie.

Copper opened with "I'm giving you 3 points for your car being un roadworthy"
I was like WTF? I replied, "What are you on about, its 6 weeks old?"
Copper, "Get in my car now".

Turns out the back of it was dirty and he couldn't read my plate, he went through the whole, check reg, check vin, check licence and check insurance b****cks. He then told me he'd booked a low loader to come and lift my car as it was roadworthy, and that he'd drop me off home and I could claim my car from their station tomorrow.
I said he wasn't having the f**king thing lifted, and told him I'd go get it washed. He agreed with me, then followed me to the nearest Polish car was and watched me get it washed and then sped off.

I complained to the station he's based at and was told 'Oh he's just a bit like that sometimes'.

Joke tbh.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo VIII MR FQ340
Happened to a mate of mine, Waitey. Was in a C4S. It's a big mixture pot of envious toss pot, jobs worth and a hint of power trip. They wouldn't let him clean it off with a rag.

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Mate I hear you. On Thursday I was pulled over in the Rangie.

Copper opened with "I'm giving you 3 points for your car being un roadworthy"
I was like WTF? I replied, "What are you on about, its 6 weeks old?"
Copper, "Get in my car now".

Turns out the back of it was dirty and he couldn't read my plate, he went through the whole, check reg, check vin, check licence and check insurance b****cks. He then told me he'd booked a low loader to come and lift my car as it was roadworthy, and that he'd drop me off home and I could claim my car from their station tomorrow.
I said he wasn't having the f**king thing lifted, and told him I'd go get it washed. He agreed with me, then followed me to the nearest Polish car was and watched me get it washed and then sped off.

I complained to the station he's based at and was told 'Oh he's just a bit like that sometimes'.

Joke tbh.
Yeah that really isn't ok. I though it was a brake light out or something.

My speedo is slightly out after checking but doesn't warrant what I received.

I went though two camera can speed traps and many cameras same day. Paranoid that I'm going to receive piles of fines.

massivewangers

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Always keep my plate clean and legible, avoids the trouble. As for the OP, just sounds like a bit of a prat.

I've had one before. I'd seen him parked by the side of the road as I was getting close to a junction, looked in my mirror, saw him pulling out to follow me and, as I approached the junction, the lights started to change. It was too late for me to stop, but it was still amber when I went through it. Sure enough, the lights came on, so I pulled into a car park (where I had intended to stop anyway) and he pulled in, blocked the car park entrance/exit, jumped out and immediately accused me of jumping the red light, which I denied. After a bit of back and forth, his colleague eventually chipped in and asked if I hadn't stopped because I thought it would be dangerous, to which I agreed. After that, the first plod obviously felt a bit inadequate and proceeded to go over the car looking for faults. He told me the tyres were at 2mm tread (to which I informed him that the legal limit is 1.6mm) and, when I opened the bonnet for him, he pointed at the drops of muddy water on the underside of the bonnet and exclaimed, "What's all that oil from?!" After that, they just gave up and let me go. The car did look a bit shabby (the bumpers were the wrong colour 😂) but it was perfect mechanically. I would have been 100% fine if he'd pulled me over, said they wanted to do a spot check of the car and been professional and courteous about it, but the fact he made an obviously false accusation and acted like an obnoxious t**t for the entire process did piss me off. Totally unnecessary.

One of my friends got pulled over once, driving down a NSL road at 60. It was dark and he'd seen a car join the road about half a mile behind him, so made sure he stuck to the limit. The car came steaming up behind him, tailgated him for a mile or so and eventually pulled him over. The copper made him sit in the back of the police car, said, "You were speeding, I had to do 90mph to catch up with you!" and then showed him a video of the copper doing 90 through said 60 zone without his blues on, slowing down behind my friend and then pulling him over. All the video proved was that the police car was speeding. Surprise surprise, no ticket was given. Mind you, this was the same copper who, a couple of years earlier (prior to being a traffic officer) had accused the guy's sister of racing through town at over 100mph - in a 1.1 MK3 Fiesta 😂 He had a reputation for being an arsehole it turned out.

Sadly though, as with all other walks of life, you will always get nob heads doing any job.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
In balance, a traffic officer caught me bang to rights in a multiple occupancy lane.
He followed me for a little bit making me sweat, then drove off :up::up:

Now I don't abuse the MOV lane (everyone else does though)

cat171

ClioSport Club Member
I watched some of it, I'll watch it from the start later on tonight though. They had a Phase 2 Vee on there for a second, dude said it was the only one in that colour, so it must be the Midnight blue one that the lady from Renault had. The car looked BG to me though! :confused:

Short Legs

ClioSport Club Member
  a better one
while I was watching it I did an mot search on my old 5GTT. I sold it in 96 and it was last taxed in 97.

it appears it didn't last long on the road after I sold it which is a shame it was a mint electric blue example with a couple of nice upgrades (suspension/exhaust/turbo).

A special one.
I watched some of it, I'll watch it from the start later on tonight though. They had a Phase 2 Vee on there for a second, dude said it was the only one in that colour, so it must be the Midnight blue one that the lady from Renault had. The car looked BG to me though! :confused:
It wasn't that bronze colour that is truly amazing and that only one smart person ordered?

Car SOS was good, well worth a watch, so glad they went for factory original over modified with it....... kind of was the right idea to do what the owner wanted there!! The V6 was cool, just not enough screen time lol!

Ant1

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's finished now, my funds are available from May. I'm hesitating currently as I'm not sure if I want to sink 40k Into it. Got a few weeks to make up my mind.

TomSx

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's finished now, my funds are available from May. I'm hesitating currently as I'm not sure if I want to sink 40k Into it. Got a few weeks to make up my mind.
Fair. I can imagine your 40k wouldn’t go anywhere and still a good investment though?