ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbing a wheel

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I'm refurbing a wheel with some light kerbing in one place. Its just one wheel so I don't want to go mad spending on paints. Does etching primer have any filling properties or do I need to get a filler primer too?
I'm going to sand the kerbing down and see how obvious the pit is after, but is there a chance I could fill enough with etch primer?

Clio
Etch primer is just and adhesive, you will habe to use highbuild primer 2k (filler primer) or you can use wet n wet primer and then paint it. I have done mine with highbuild

Attachments

• 20180421_174852.jpg
    20180421_174852.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 265

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Have a look through my old project thread for returning wheels.

Sand it back, fill where need be, sand flush, key the wheel, prime, paint, lacquer.

No real need to sand back in between paints. Just make sure it’s clean

Clio
320p sanding discs and DA sander, sand paint and metal back where it needs, make sure that is preety smooth, matte the rest with red sctoch pride, then 2k highbuild prime it and wet sand it with 600p ( make sure that u use plenty of water) and then is ready to got for base and laquer.

Allan H

ClioSport Club Member
  Ford Puma, Focus
Have a look through my old project thread for returning wheels.

Sand it back, fill where need be, sand flush, key the wheel, prime, paint, lacquer.

No real need to sand back in between paints. Just make sure it’s clean
Do you have a link to the thread please? Ta.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
This didn't come out as glossy as I'd hoped, what's the trick to gloss lacquer?