ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some Headphones

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
has anyone got any fake airpod pro 2s? ebay is absolutely rife with them. I really don't want to spend £450 buying the real ones for my kids for them to lose them
Why get fakes? There dozens of cheap buds about that’ll be better than fake airpods

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
@Clart I had a couple of pairs of fake airpods. Gave one set to the wife who really doesnt care about audio quality and she used them for well over 12 months before they refused to charge. Shes since got a proper legit pair as she has now proven she can be trusted not to lose them. Im not an iphone user but she said 90% of the features worked.

I think I paid £40 for them for reference

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
A few months back, prepping for might flight to Japan (14 hours), I had that 'Oh f**king s**t' moment. In the house move, id lost my charging cable for my large over ear headphones - Nuraphones. Theyre a special charging cable (of course) and with the flight the following day, I was wrecked.

A quick chat to a friend and I bit the bullet with a pair of Bose QuietComforts. Picked them up from John Lewis on the way to the airport, charged them in the car to full and hoped they were comfy.

I wore those things for most of the trip through the airport and for about 13 of the 14 hours on the plane. The noise cancellation is fantastic, the quality of sound is brilliant and, by far the best feature, are comfortable as all hell. My ears didnt hurt. Theyre light. Its almost like not wearing anything. Spectacular.

I now wear them every single day on the dog walk or whilst doing stuff around the house. Initially I was annoyed I had to fork out £250 due to 1 missing cable, but I regret nothing.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
@Clart I had a couple of pairs of fake airpods. Gave one set to the wife who really doesnt care about audio quality and she used them for well over 12 months before they refused to charge. Shes since got a proper legit pair as she has now proven she can be trusted not to lose them. Im not an iphone user but she said 90% of the features worked.

I think I paid £40 for them for reference
The newer features on the pro model don’t work afaik. Conversation mode iirc, because the features work in conjunction with the phone hardware.

What I’m saying is, if you know they’re fakes, fair enough. But if someone is trying to pass them off as genuine, that’ll be fairly obvious?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
The newer features on the pro model don’t work afaik. Conversation mode iirc, because the features work in conjunction with the phone hardware.

What I’m saying is, if you know they’re fakes, fair enough. But if someone is trying to pass them off as genuine, that’ll be fairly obvious?

Of definitely. I don't think anyone paying £40 for airpods pro would expect them to be real

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

Whilst im definitely not an expert on this kind of thing, I really did struggle to tell the difference.

Again, im not an Apple user, so maybe im not the person to ask. However, it wasnt until my brother gave me his genuine ones to try that I actually noticed a difference. Even then, it wasnt immediately obvious.