ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recommend me an aftermarket head unit

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
can anyone recommend me an aftermarket head unit that provides phone hands free and music streaming facility (single din).

182 clio
can anyone recommend me an aftermarket head unit that provides phone hands free and music streaming facility (single din).
I've got a sony Dsx-a50bt works well with any bluetooth if tried also bought wires to keep stalk control fitted to 182.
This does not have cd player though other models do.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I've got a sony Dsx-a50bt works well with any bluetooth if tried also bought wires to keep stalk control fitted to 182.
This does not have cd player though other models do.
Cheers looks decent. How does the music steaming work, do you have to plug the phone in or is is via Bluetooth

182 clio
Cheers looks decent. How does the music steaming work, do you have to plug the phone in or is is via Bluetooth
if u pair it through bluetooth it connects everytime you enter the car with Bluetooth on on your hand set.
Can be linked with wire if needed it to charge device will also play music that way to.
Does me tbh good sound quality off it.
Everything can be controlled via the head unit or with controls if adapter fitted.
I have a sony app installed on my phone as I find it easier to operate than google play app was free to use

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Alpine CDE-178BT.
Never bother with anything other than Alpine as their quality has always been head and shoulders above the rest of the main stream stuff.
Had alpine many many years ago but not needed a new head unit for years.

That one sounds good but a bit more than I want to spend, it’s got my daughters Ford 2010 as the built in hands free is unreliable and it doesn’t stream music.

How about the Alpine UTE-200BT, appears to do want we want for half the price of the 178-BT.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Had alpine many many years ago but not needed a new head unit for years.

That one sounds good but a bit more than I want to spend, it’s got my daughters Ford 2010 as the built in hands free is unreliable and it doesn’t stream music.

How about the Alpine UTE-200BT, appears to do want we want for half the price of the 178-BT.

The 200 isn’t as potent on features nor does it have a CD player. However if that’s doesnt matter then get involved. It will still be a slick as every other Alpine unit. :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an Alpine in my Clio and it's bloody rubbish. It's the first alpine I've ever owned and well, they must have gone down hill since max power shut up shop! Clunky to use and overcomplicated to navigate the menus. You can match the colour of it to your car though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've got an Alpine in my Clio and it's bloody rubbish. It's the first alpine I've ever owned and well, they must have gone down hill since max power shut up shop! Clunky to use and overcomplicated to navigate the menus. You can match the colour of it to your car though.
Black?

182 clio
Yip got it in one never liked the look of alpine tbh.
Always liked the Sony's style a simplicity of its use.
Always found it to have good sound quality even back in the day of 6x9s etc...
Always done everything I have expected of it plus works with my controls.
every thin i need and a reasonable price 35quid