ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper delete

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Haven’t found anything for a mk1. How do I plug the hole after removing the wiper? Do I just use what I find in the hardware store?

Clio 172 + Clio200T
Once there was a trim without the hole.. but don't know if still in production!
If not.. you can use a rubber cap with the shape you like!

Or.. if you're into diy you can close the hole with some resin and then sand and paint.

Or if you want something you can go back.. you can wrap the trim with some vinyl so the hole remain close and seems to be flat.
I used this solution many years ago while waiting for the closed trim delivery and if made good it won't look bad at all

Renault Clio 1.8 16v
There is no trim on the outside, the wiper is on the metal part of the boot lid. Or am I missing something here?

Clio 172 + Clio200T
There is no trim on the outside, the wiper is on the metal part of the boot lid. Or am I missing something here?
Sorry mate, my fault.. rushed reading and read ph1 , not mk1.

So if is a mk1 I'd go with a rubber cap!
There is one from renault for the mk3 or mk3 used also on cup but.. is only a rubber cap.. so ..

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I just got a rubber grommet for mine, bout £1 off ebay

Jiggered if I can remember what size.... 13 mm.... something like that

it will be on this forum somewhere