ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear beam bushes replacement options

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Rear beam bushes will be getting replaced this winter.

I’m looking at the options

1. standard Renault bushes
2. Powerflex (black or purple) bushes
3. Pure Motorsport bearing conversion

As well as replacing the bushes, will most likely be fitting the PMS rear beam strengthening plates (as much as I can with spring platforms still in place) as well.

I’m leaning towards the PMS bearings but bit concerned with it stiffening the rear too much? (I’m terms of suspension the the chassis/floor pan) I’ve kept the standard front wishbone bushes on purpose to give a bit of give in the front end due to my solid top mounts/brace roll centre correction kit with its bearings.

Cars a track and summer road use only now.

Anyone got experience with the different setups, any experience would be appreciated.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I’m going for Whiteline over Powerflex as I’ve heard reports of the Powerflex ones being loose in the carrier brackets.
Having said that, plenty of CS members have the Powerflex items and seem to like them.
Other that or go new OEM