ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick brake disk question (182)

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
What's everyone running now for front disks?

I've been on Brembo Max front disks since '09 and will be needing some more in the not too distant future - but i hear that Brembo are discontinuing Max them, although have launched Brembo Xtra range which seem identical but are drilled instead of grooved.

Any feedback on these yet or are people running other variations?

Brand part numbers

Brembo 09.8137.2X

AP 22126 X

Breco

Disc technical data

Diameter 280 mm

Overall height 44 mm

Centring diameter 61 mm

Number of holes 4

Thickness 24 mm

Minimum thickness 22,4 mm

Nm 90 Nm

d6f3b03e-7ca8-4ced-a04e-0a32c5a7a604.jpg

Go to product data sheet

Brand part numbers

Brembo 09.8137.76

AP X 22126

Breco

Disc technical data

Diameter 280 mm

Overall height 44 mm

Centring diameter 61 mm

Number of holes 4

Thickness 24 mm

Minimum thickness 21,8 mm

Nm 90 Nm

2b7e515f-c103-4e3a-87f7-be289740946b.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Don't get drilled.

I'm on the Max grooved discs too, George managed to find me a set.

I'll go back to plain HC's after these.

Mtec dimpled/grooved are decent, used them on a few track cars now with no complaints and i'm pretty hard on brakes with aggressive pads. Pagid OE are also decent from ECP. Done 3 track days and 5k road miles so far and they still look new.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Brembo Max have been discontinued for over two years now. The Xtra discs replaced them but they are serious money. George has a couple I think of the Max discs but I guess that shows the popularity when plain discs are so cheap and expendable.
We do the Mtec discs. The C hook are the best in the range for pad and disc life
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...o-mk2-mtec-front-brake-discs-rs172-rs182.html

But our favourites are the plain Brembo fronts.
https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...iscs-renault-clio-mk2-rs-172-182-2-0-16v.html

Reactions: Cue

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
LOL!

£250 for a couple of the Xtra discs Vs £60 for the plain, why did Brembo set the pricing like that?

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Yeah I dont think Brembo really looked at the small car market for pricing.