ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proline Motorsport Brake Line kits.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Risky move taking over a business with a tarnished name, as will take a lot to change peoples minds.

I would of thought starting a fresh with a new name after buying the equipment would of been easier, just a quick google search of the name will be enough to loose a lot of business before they ever know its under new management.

No matter what I hope the new owner sorts out a proper hose register for his kits , as bar the time frame that seemed to be the biggest complaint with Mitch that no two kits seemed to be the same length causing loads of fitting/routing issues.

NTG999

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Some info, I appreciate that Proline Motorsport is closed, I took them to court late last year after endless poor service and lies and won the case, they received a CCJ which remains unpaid, I received some of my money back.
I'm sceptical how unrelated Proline Braided Hoses is to Proline Motorsport they are 'piggy backed' on to the old website and the website is very similar though I notice that there is virtually no information as to who the company is, therefore who you are dealing with.
As mentioned previously they may be totally unrelated, but brave copying a tarnished company, if they are related I wonder how far I would get seeking the rest of my refund.......?

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
I've not seen anyone whose bought from the "new" company yet. We all pretty much have had a problem with the company at some point which is a shame as the product itself it brilliant

NTG999

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Totally agree, I was happy with what I had chosen to order, that's when the problems and bullsh*t started

NTG999

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
That's a long delivery time when their EBay store claimed delivery in a few days.
Changing the subject, I'm in Hull and I read you took a lot of bits to Pocklington to be plated, what was their service like? Did you have to prepare things or just deliver to them all grimy and rusty

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Allenchrome on pocklington industrial estate. Used them for years and are really good. Slightly long lead time as they are in huge demand but well worth it.
I didnt touch my nuts and bolts I let them do them. I blasted my hubs and flanges to make sure they were immaculate and then placed them in sealable freezer bags to stop the browning up.
Highly recommend them.

nissan gtr
Hi guys..just following on from your above posts..Proline braided lines are in Sutton Surrey,everyone is welcome to visit.. and yes the website does piggy back off of Proline Motorsport. the reason for that was when we bought it from Mitch it was lock stock and barrel and easier to make a few changes to his old site that works for us.
i'm sure you guys know of Pure Motorsport that sells a lot of stuff for Clio's..ask them about us,we've just finished a big order for them and it took days not weeks.

if you would like the direct contact details please message me on here and i'd be happy to give you our phone numbers and address and also have a chat about any concerns you have going forward and rather than upset any admin or forum sponsors a pm might be better for now.

i hope that puts a few minds at rest and look forward to speaking to you soon
Woody

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I just hope the now excellent reputation is recognised soon for you rather than spending months and months telling people it's a different company now owned by a completely different person. As I think for me I would have started a complete fresh with a new name as I think to a lot of people they will instantly turn their nose up at the name (sadly) regardless of now who owns it.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
They had to buy the FULL business lock stock and 2 smoking barrels.
When you are restarting a current business you dont have time or the cashflow to be snobby with the tools and apparatus you are given to work with.

I wish them the best of luck and I will be using them moving forward.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
They had to buy the FULL business lock stock and 2 smoking barrels.
When you are restarting a current business you dont have time or the cashflow to be snobby with the tools and apparatus you are given to work with.

I wish them the best of luck and I will be using them moving forward.

Yes thanks for that clearing that up, I had no idea it would be more expensive...

Many people are still under the impression that it's still run by Mitch from what i've seen on Megane, track time and Clio sport Facebook pages after the numerous posts I see asking about the products. I think it needs one hell of a campaign and advertisement to tell Joe Bloggs that it isn't is what i'm getting at.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hopefully a good bit of social media and a little advertising on here should help things along nicely. He seems crystal clear and transparent with things so fingers crossed. Working with the likes of PMS will also help massively

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Hi all just wondering if anyone has had a recent experience with the company?

nissan gtr
Hi GavC.. give josh a shout on Facebook and check out the website and anything you need or any questions you want to ask will be answered.
Check the Instagram age too
Cheers Si

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I know alot of people who have used them recently i have been speaking with Josh about some bits also as i need some bits doing. Its not the same company or run by mitch anymore.

He has been very responsive and turnaround times appear to be decent aswell.