ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Monaco

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Given up on a flamer and was offered a freshly painted Monaco, drove down to see the car today with a view to buy if good enough. Paints awesome, car is a good base to work from so placed a deposit.

Things to be done over the next few weeks....

- Brake refurbish all round
- Discs
- Replacement window surround passeger side
- Fit passenger side mirror cap
- MOT

When I pick it up

- Spacers all round
- Lowered (havens decided if coilovers or springs)
- Fit new front grill
- Fit two bumper black corner trims
- Drop off for detail

Lots to come!

- Cup spoiler
- Turinis
- Recaro seats

IMG_0155.jpg
IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg
IMG_0156.jpg
IMG_0159.jpg
IMG_0153.jpg
IMG_0154.jpg
IMG_0160.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Are the new ones like a dark grey, not black?

Always fancied just getting mine painted black, done then.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ok here is the list of parts, most now on order...

- Spacers front and rear
- Replacement unmarked seats (sourced)
- New genuine grill
- New genuine battery terminal cover
- New rear window wiper cover
- Front bumper stickers
- New genuine windscreen seals
- New genuine mats
- New genuine front shocks with top mounts
- New genuine coolant bottle
- Caliper refurb once given the nodd
- Booked spot for detail for mid July

Just need to find cup spoiler now for paint. That's a good £1600 worth above.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
Ok here is the list of parts, most now on order...

- Spacers front and rear
- Replacement unmarked seats (sourced)
- New genuine grill
- New genuine battery terminal cover
- New rear window wiper cover
- Front bumper stickers
- New genuine windscreen seals
- New genuine mats
- New genuine front shocks with top mounts
- New genuine coolant bottle
- Caliper refurb once given the nodd
- Booked spot for detail for mid July

Just need to find cup spoiler now for paint. That's a good £1600 worth above.

£1600?! That can't be right.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
£1600?! That can't be right.

Yep half of it is detail and calipers refurb. Interior £170, grill £80, shocks including top mounts £130, springs £130, allowed £150 for cup spoiler which include paint. Soon adds up but that's most of it start to finish.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Nice one mate!! Monaco is a proper nice colour! ? Plans are good too, minty fresh!

I hope it turns out to be that way, little nervous as it's lots of money for it not to be, it will owe me as much as the Exclusive once finished....... But it's a keeper which is why it's so important it turns out right.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Lovely looking car! The keeper comments always make me laugh, however it is a good way to justify spending too much money on your pride and joy :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Awesome little car, it looks so fresh! Plans sound great.
Lol at the cost of the sport grille. I’m sure the price has yoyo’d in the years since I bought one from Renault for my 1.2.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Just sourced a 1 month old set of Bilstein B14 coilovers, this will be the only mod away from factory but totally worth it.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Just sourced a 1 month old set of Bilstein B14 coilovers, this will be the only mod away from factory but totally worth it.
Definitely worth it been on the lookout for some for the Ph1 just not many for sale other than new at the minute ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Definitely worth it been on the lookout for some for the Ph1 just not many for sale other than new at the minute ?

I was suprised when I was offered a set. Paid £500 so £280 ish saving which is great as they are virtually new.
Looks great.

Is it a snappy one? I’ve got one almost identical that I’m going to fit on the V6 at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes snappy, going to leave the blue strip but change the Renault badge back to silver.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I was suprised when I was offered a set. Paid £500 so £280 ish saving which is great as they are virtually new.
They seem to come up between £4-500 depending on condition if only a week or so old result ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Spent a lot of time one the road today collecting interior parts from a damaged 182.

I had all door cards, all pillar trims, pretty much all interior plastic trim, head unit, climate control panel, hazard panel etc etc.

All unmarked and not sticky.

Also collected passenger seat and rear seats, best I have seen. Sadly the drivers side was damaged from accident.

As time goes on these parts in this condition will become harder and harder to get so glad I have them now.

Learnt the hide way with the R5.

Spent a lot of time one the road today collecting interior parts from a damaged 182.

I had all door cards, all pillar trims, pretty much all interior plastic trim, head unit, climate control panel, hazard panel etc etc.

All unmarked and not sticky.

Also collected passenger seat and rear seats, best I have seen. Sadly the drivers side was damaged from accident.

As time goes on these parts in this condition will become harder and harder to get so glad I have them now.

Learnt the hide way with the R5.

Was good to meet you today, glad you are happy with all the parts you purchased. Hope you manage to find a mint driver’s seat, can’t wait to see photos of the car once you have fitted everything.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Can you still buy seat covers for a 182. I suppose if you find a mint passenger seat which is more likely than a driver's seat you could swap the seat cover on the the driver's seat.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Can you still buy seat covers for a 182. I suppose if you find a mint passenger seat which is more likely than a driver's seat you could swap the seat cover on the the driver's seat.

Not a bad idea.