ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prey - Mooncrash

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yes indeed! It was announced back in March (I think). I believe there's also a new update out soon as well (if not already) offering new game modes - story, new game plus and survival. I may well check 'em out! :) Cheers!

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
As much as I appreciated the level of flexibility in terms of combat choice in this game - I really didn't enjoy any other aspect of it. It felt bland, the enemies never felt threatening, just very high DPS and relentlessly annoying. The games aesthetics felt plastic, toneless - like they borrowed some of Dishonored's innards and churned them into a true science fiction piece, but failed.

Great weapons, a handful of great moments due to the combat mechanic, but in an empty shell of a game. The only "oh snap" moment for me in the plot timeline was the end.

I tried really hard to enjoy this - but by the end, it just felt like a chore. For that reason, no DLC for me.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As much as I appreciated the level of flexibility in terms of combat choice in this game - I really didn't enjoy any other aspect of it. It felt bland, the enemies never felt threatening, just very high DPS and relentlessly annoying. The games aesthetics felt plastic, toneless - like they borrowed some of Dishonored's innards and churned them into a true science fiction piece, but failed.

Great weapons, a handful of great moments due to the combat mechanic, but in an empty shell of a game. The only "oh snap" moment for me in the plot timeline was the end.

I tried really hard to enjoy this - but by the end, it just felt like a chore. For that reason, no DLC for me.
Wow - that’s a bit spooky. Did you write that review for me?!

I think I’ve put an hour or so into it - but I get what you mean. A mate at work loved this and enjoyed it all the way to the end. Yet when I tried it, there was something ‘missing’ and I couldn’t put my finger as to what that was.

Prey isn’t a bad game as such - it certainly has the polish and presentation of a well rounded title. But it didn’t ‘click’ for me - and I’ve played through a lot worse FPS-based titles than this. It felt a little needlessly complicated - and the quick reactions and choices needed in this, were stunted by the mechanics of the character interaction. To make it work, they needed to slow the pace imo - down to the speed of say System Shock. Instead, I felt like I needed the reactions of a COD game, but the interface just wouldn’t permit it.

I think I will go back to it at some point though. It did gain almost universal appeal and I know people like Sharky on here, loved it. Maybe it’s just a personal preference thing, but you’ve hit the nail on the head for me there.