ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex dogbone

2005 Silver 182
So I just picked up a second hand dogbone with purple poly bushes. I have realised it does not have any washers for the smaller side (2 I believe).

My question is what is their role and how important are they!?

Rather ask this before fitting.

Cheers

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
So I just picked up a second hand dogbone with purple poly bushes. I have realised it does not have any washers for the smaller side (2 I believe).

Cheers

Just buy 2 washers cheap enough .
I only fitted the big bush to my dog bone found it much better none of the movement but also no vibrations on idle.

Cheers

I've never used the washers before and never had any problems

2005 Silver 182
Thank you both for the replies. Found some washers in the garage so stuck them on. The idle vibration is definitely noticeable ?. Yet to take it out on a drive yet!

dan's cast offs.
The washers stop the bush getting chewed and squished out of the way. You do need them on.

Land Rover
My 182 has polybushed engine mounts and dog bone, it doesn’t vibrate at idle although there is a nice resonance from the Janspeed exhaust system.