ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power steering.

Clio mk2 1.5 dci 80
Hi all,

I have a 1.5dci mk2 clio (80hp). Recently moved my blackbox due to insurance no longer requiring it and it spliced power from what seems to be a wire connected to the powrrsterring control unit. After removing it and a few sparks until I remembered to disconnect the battery i no longer have power steering. The light on the dash won't light up on ignition or when running diagnostics, there is no ecu faults read from my obd2 reader. The control unit part number is 8200222352

If anyone has wiring diagrams ideas or solutions would be much appreciated. It is drivable but heavy steering and I'd rather get it fixed as I've got alot if long drives ahead of me in the next few weeks

Clio mk2 1.5 dci 80

As far as I can tell its the red wire(has a small missing bit of insulation where the blackbox spliced power) that is the issue as it doesn't have any power to it anymore but I can't follow the wire through the dash to find potential breaks. I've checked the fuses and their fine engine bay fuses I'm not sure what to check but from what I can see most are fine