ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Phil's Milano Red FN2 Type R

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
The DC5 left me yesterday morning as I wanted to free up some cash for house/grown up stuff...so I went to pick this up a few hours later :)
Had a drive of a couple and as soon as I saw this I knew it was the one.

Specs;
GT Model (Cruise control, fogs, auto wipers, auto lights)
Just ticked over 60k
FSH and loads of receipts/invoices

In the last 6 months it's had 4 new Pilot Sport tyres, refurbished alloys, new discs and pads, a machine polish and a coating treament done. It's so red :laughing:

Really happy with the drive. It's way more refined than the DC5. Much comfier with the bigger seats and the cruise control is great!
Ordered a few bits (nothing special) just a skunk2 gearknob and some bulbs. The aircon isn't as cool as i'd like either (it's currently 27c outside) so will sort that too.

35871500461_863f6e42ab_c.jpg

35164736734_85edb3b52f_c.jpg

35164739104_409ef14e22_c.jpg

35871487331_598141b61e_c.jpg

35963022206_bc999c6b74_c.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Always loved the interior in these, for a Jap car they look pretty modern for their age!

You got any plans for it?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Always loved the interior in these, for a Jap car they look pretty modern for their age!

You got any plans for it?

I can't believe it's 10 years old! It's like driving the USS Enterprise with the dash on it.

Just the normal bits I think. Will probably sort some Eibach springs and intake at some point and then what happens from there!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very tidy that. I test drove one when they came out and was impressed with the interior and handling but the power delivery was a let down as I had a mapped Meg 225 at the time. I'm appreciating the na clio now so easily jump into one of these. Any plans for it?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks very tidy that. I test drove one when they came out and was impressed with the interior and handling but the power delivery was a let down as I had a mapped Meg 225 at the time. I'm appreciating the na clio now so easily jump into one of these. Any plans for it?

I like the way these sound when you're putting the hammer down! Power delivery is just like the EP3 and DC5 so used to that really.
In terms of plans...I reckon springs and frsu, intake and maybe a Mugen grill and we'll see what else happens!

Progress will probably be slow though :unamused:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Oh and it's got the Honda Ipod lead with the new style cable on it now, handy!!!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
like mine yours hasn't got the extra type R grille badge and side stickers. From reading online they were a £350 optional extra!!

I think it looks cleaner without them.

oh and don't drop the rear seats with your foot under the bench seat as the bench drops down to give a flat boot. I did it while I only had flip flops on, mucho swear words were spoken.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
like mine yours hasn't got the extra type R grille badge and side stickers. From reading online they were a £350 optional extra!!

I think it looks cleaner without them.

oh and don't drop the rear seats with your foot under the bench seat as the bench drops down to give a flat boot. I did it while I only had flip flops on, mucho swear words were spoken.

Mine had the grill badge but I removed it as it was peeling a little. Still got it in the shed though, just chucked it in a box.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Yay another one who thinks they handle well. Had mine for years now so if I can help in any way please feel free to ask.
Check all the pipes for leaks on the a/c before you spend money on it. If you know someone in the trade get them to test it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Yay another one who thinks they handle well. Had mine for years now so if I can help in any way please feel free to ask.
Check all the pipes for leaks on the a/c before you spend money on it. If you know someone in the trade get them to test it.

Thanks mate! I will do.

In regards to the lightening cable, I have no idea. It was already fitted in the car but I'll have a look through the invoices and see if there's anything in there.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I was quite shocked when I seen the price of some. Especially with the engine and box reliability.

Great purchase! Best wheels and nice plans!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Prices are all over the place with some proper bargains out there, and yes the engine is bullet proof.

Civic type r fk8
Nice , one of the best cars I've had 50000 miles not even a bulb change, I put eibach springs on mine, no change in handling or ride quality so don't Waste your time with them

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Im really stuck between an EP3 and one of these. Heart says EP3 but for the ones I'm looking at I can get an FN2 with alot less miles. They just look abit heavy compared to en EP3 (haven't googled the weights)

But what I assume will be abit more space, comfort and toys really does get me thinking.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Im really stuck between an EP3 and one of these. Heart says EP3 but for the ones I'm looking at I can get an FN2 with alot less miles. They just look abit heavy compared to en EP3 (haven't googled the weights)

But what I assume will be abit more space, comfort and toys really does get me thinking.

It's weird how much space there is in the car!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Having a bit of a nightmare so far...the pressure plate decided it no longer wanted to be friends. So it's like leg day every time I drive the car.

In contact with the dealer to try and sort things. He can fix it or have the car back. :unamused: