ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had an extremely productive day yesterday! Alex and Myself removed a load of stuff from the donor car so we could rip the loom out from it. We took out:
  • Seats, carpet and roof lining
  • Front end
  • Radiator & AC Radiator
  • Coolant & Aircon Pipes
  • Battery
  • Driveshafts
Engine is ready to be lifted out and transplanted :cool:

Tomorrow im gonna head down early in the morning and take the subframe and wishbones off both cars and replace the one on the track car with the polybushed 182 Cup ones! After that the engines going in:tongueout:..who knows maybe even tomorrow at this rate!

Took the headlights off the track car, some welding needs grinding off from the front of it before the PH1 goes back on.
ndDzobz_d.jpg

MMdnLR0_d.jpg

Boo:hammer:
cEK2pwZ_d.jpg

m746qbh_d.jpg

K-TEC Engine Mounts came today which will be fitted when the new engine goes in. Gonna sand them back and respray them as they're a bit tatty atm but will look good when finished:cool:
Fb73o0l_d.jpg

The engine bay of the Track Car is pretty much completely empty now. We have removed:
-sub frame
-the ABS box and brake lines. Our intention is to make our own with a bias valve mounted inside the car
KNkbxIO.jpg

pKIAxSd.jpg

VSOmwan.jpg

The looms in the donor car are pretty much ready to be lifted out now and put into our track car so we can start getting rid of all the wires we don't need

She's getting there...

Clio RS
Are you shure that the silver one was original a PH I?

Ore was the complete front changed? Meaning the sheet for the front lights and the crossbeam

Are you shure that the silver one was original a PH I?

Ore was the complete front changed? Meaning the sheet for the front lights and the crossbeam

Yes mate It's a PH1 with a front end of a PH2 welded onto it, the bits you mentioned have been grinded off it previously and bits off the PH2 welded on to convert it - but we're converting it back. It's definitely a PH1:blush:

Had a massively busy week due to birthday's and Father's day so not had chance to do anything to the car :( ... Until today! Had the most productive day so far haha!

Went down to the car today with the intention of just checking out how the EPAS would work as have received the parts for it now and just wanted to check them over. Me and Pete (Alex's Dad) ended up taking the engine & gearbox out of the donor car (*Found out the gearbox is a PH1 gearbox which is a winner as we're removing the ABS!*), removed the loom and fitted it into the other car, fitted the EPAS column to the track car and fitted the Cup Alternator Setup to the donor engine! Both absolutely knackered now lol!

Engine ready to be lifted, everything unbolted at this stage :blush:
X00Gbk3.jpg

Engine and box out! :smiley:
vlBbuNc.jpg

Cup Alternator Setup & Shorter belt fitted! :smiley: Left the power steering pump in to tension the belt and keep it simple, but obviously disconnected as we're doing the EPAS conversion.
23OglFw.jpg

Fitted the EPAS Column - Need to make a bracket to mount the ECU to and make the dashboard to mount the EBAY variable resistor to. Obviously will be doing that after the engine is in and running though...
CuXwIuV.jpg

Finally, the wiring loom out of the donor car is in and everything is labelled up ready to be chopped off! Might look a mess, but it's an organized mess... I know where everything is 😂
LWnIJ5O.jpg

Gonna head down tomorrow and drop the sub-frame off the donor car; now that the engine is out will be easy. Then I need to loop the steering rack ready to be put onto the track car to complete the EPAS conversion :smirk:

Nice work mate. There should be a bracket already for the ecu. It's to the right of the steering wheel when you're sat in it underneath the dash.
Cheers man! I thought that was what it was for, someone more knowledgeable than me said otherwise so I just believed them haha. Thanks for confirming makes life a little bit easier knowing that now :smile:

Bit of a slow week again due to being really busy with other things like work :angry:
Managed to test fit the PH1 front end to make sure it all fit on properly with the welded on PH2 bits. It mainly fits but is a bit wonky in places so we will need to do a slight bit of modifying... not a problem tho!:tongueclosed: Looks a bit of a shed tbh but it shouldn't do after painting and a nice headlight refurb :smile:
M1xQJiT.jpg

eRsJ4LJ.jpg

Put the 182 Cup, polybushed sub-frame on today, which was an utter ballache compared to taking it off 😂 Also took the two pipes off the rack that need to be looped and are waiting on some little fittings to be welded up for us by Alex's dad so we can finish looping the rack. Will be sanding down the engine bay in the near future and spraying it in Racing Blue!:hearteyes:
JSgb9JV.jpg

Took the brake servo off today and Alex fitted the pedal box back on the car. Also made some templates to fill the holes in the bulkhead, gonna tigerseal and rivet them on so no water can get in.
Wilwood master cylinders arrived yesterday too. 0.625 for the Front and 0.700 for the rears. We've got a CompBrake brake bias box on order which is being delivered Monday. Debating whether to go for copper lines to keep costs down or to just go braided as it'll be better for the future when/if we decide to upgrade to 4 Pot brakes :confused:
hpt6Sr1.jpg

We've finished with the donor car finally and it can go to scrap anytime now! RIP Clio thanks for the parts :up::cry:

Here it is tipped on its side so we could remove the fuel tank & lines easier and the exhaust - we couldn't be bothered laying under it anymore when its only being scrapped anyway 😂
yRXy1Nn.jpg

Alex and myself had a good day Sunday doing some bits to the track car, we (mainly Alex:tearsofjoy:) sanded down the engine bay and primed it so it's now ready to be sprayed Racing Blue. Gonna wait until some PH1 bits are welded back onto the car so that we can bolt the headlights in properly and finally make it a PH1 again :grin::tired: That way we wont have to re-paint it after the welding has been done.
We chiseled off the blue lip that was spot welded on the car... well I say spot welded, it was held on by literally 2 spot welds and they'd attempted to do probably more like 10. So glad the car needed a complete overhaul of most things doing as its allowing us to ensure it is done correctly this time round and get rid of all the shabby previous work. It's gonna be perfect :hearteyes:.
Picture below shows all the above discussed and a before and after of what the bay looked like prior to priming.
uOlJRbK.jpg

Also... our first mod relating to something actually interesting rather than our 'restoration project' that we've nearly completed 😂
CaIF9LN.jpg

Our CompBrake brake bias box was delivered yesterday :smirk: We've decided to go for braided lines throughout the car and completely replace the copper lines. If we do this now it means we won't have to do it again in the future and means the brake feel will be excellent with this bias box and full braided lines throughout the car.
I fitted the Wilwood master cylinders to it and I'm gonna fit it to the pedal box Thursday and bolt it all onto the car so that I can measure up how much braided line we will need. Then the next job is to order up all the brake fittings and pipes and get it fitted.

Next steps are:
  • Get the engine bay painted Racing Blue.
  • Fit all the brake lines, adjuster and bias box.
  • Chuck the engine back in.
  • Get the interior painted Racing Blue and finish painting the cage Broom Yellow.
  • Fit steering wheel, seats & harnesses so we can use the car!
Once all that's done we're gonna get the car to the basic spec so we can use it, such as wheels & tyres, fitting seats, harnesses, steering wheel and go and have some fun at Curborough probably. Then we'll focus on performance mods such as coilovers etc and whatever else we decide to buy in the future! Can't wait, it's getting close to being in an actual usable state now not just sitting there looking sorry for itself :tongueclosed: Hoping to keep the progress coming at this fast pace!

Been and bought some Racing Blue today :hearteyes:Got some thinners, laquer and activator too so all set and ready to paint after the weldings been done :smirk:

Only mixed it up quick so we could have a look but can't wait to mix it properly and start spraying.
Yef9YrC_d.jpg

Clio 172 - Track Car
Your painting the interior yourself with a gun then? I need to do mine. And do the engine bay when I stick a new engine in over xmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your painting the interior yourself with a gun then? I need to do mine. And do the engine bay when I stick a new engine in over xmas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be mate yeah, gonna get a friend of my girlfriend's dad whos a sprayer to do it for us. Got an airline and gun etc and everything so may as well do it properly!

Did the cage with rattle cans and looks really good tbf so could just do that - just take your time with it buddy :grinning:

Last edited:
Fitted the Bias box to the pedal box today after a bit of modification to the brake pedal to make it fit better.
Test fit it to the car to check clearance of the engine and to see where we're gonna put the reservoirs for the master cylinders; think they'll be going under where the scuttle panel goes/ where the old heater box was.
OzMIoid_d.jpg

Had a bit of a play with the dashboard today too, I peeled off all of the fake leather or whatever it's meant to be and took out all the vents and trim. Gonna have a go at flocking it myself because why not :tongueout:
After flocking it I'll use fake carbon and blank off all the holes. Gonna use the vent hole on the right to locate the EPAS adjuster knob and also the brake bias adjuster. Should look smart :grinning:

Before and after of the dash after removing some bits.
jZFwlgU_d.jpg

Also modified the dash by measuring how much was needed to be ground off to fit around the roll cage. Fits nicely now just needs to be clipped into place but leaving it undone for now as still need to flock it etc and may as well leave it out until the insides all painted up :grin:
vSK6UBR_d.jpg

Everyones knackered after working in this ridiculous heat today :weary:

First thing we did was straighten the Slam panel out as it'd been previously damaged in a crash of some sort so that we could start aligning the PH1 panels back up 100% correctly. We did this by attaching it to a V8 land rover and chaining the car down to a huge truck... which the Land Rover still managed to pull:tearsofjoy: Somehow it straightened it out anyway which is mint.

After sorting that out we cut the damaged part so that we could twist it to where the headlight needed to sit correctly ready for it to be re-welded in the correct position. We also cut any PH2 bits that had been welded in, that were restricting where the PH1 panels wanted to sit.
flyScGQ.jpg

Then we made sure everything was sitting right and made a bracket for the headlight to attach to as the previous one had been ground off and a PH2 bit welded in its place.
Just needs a hole drilling so the headlight can screw in and it'll sit bang on :smile: The finished piece looks smart welded in and doesn't look cobbled at all which we're all happy about.
4JJQZbq.jpg

XriYtzu.jpg

The right hand side of the car sits perfectly as is due to having no damage, but we're still gonna make another one of these brackets as theres nowhere for the top of the headlight to bolt into due to the PH2 bit being stitched on. Need to make two brackets for the bumper to bolt into also as once again... they've been ground off. Really don't understand why anyone would want to convert a PH1 to a PH2:rage:😂 Oh well it's almost back now just a few more tiny bits :tongueout:

The (half) finished product :smirk::smirk: Ft. a slightly out of place headlight bc was took before making the bracket 😂
qcsnk0R.jpg

Bought a shorter and thinner aux belt (5PK 847) so we can remove the PAS pump, didn't realise at the time it was possible but after some more reading into it its doable this way so gonna fit that Tuesday. Also bought some RSA FIA/MSA Approved harness eyelets and plates that we're gonna weld to the floor before spraying the interior. This'll allow us to have 6 point harnesses in addition with the harness bar on our cage :smirk:

Next steps:
  • Make bumper brackets & other headlight bracket
  • Blanking holes off in the bulkhead
  • Finish the dash off that I started, flock it and blank holes with carbon
  • Finish painting cage
  • Spray engine bay and inside
  • Engine back in and loom all connected & unnecessary bits cut off
  • Braided brake lines throughout, replace copper lines

Spent the afternoon/evening with the car today and made some good progress 😌

We fitted the smaller Aux belt which was delivered earlier in the week and took off the PAS pump to save a few extra KG's.
CUhPbza.jpg

After that we made some plates to blank the holes in the bulkhead where the heater box used to be, we've made these to prevent water ingress into the interior of the car. We also made the other headlight bracket and two brackets for the bumper to locate into as these we're ground off by a previous owner.
z5rgjoY.jpg

When Alex's dad arrived after work he did a bit of welding for us. He welded on the other headlight bracket, the two bumper brackets and two captive nuts onto those brackets so that they can be screwed into the brackets directly from the front of the bumper and finally, he blanked off the two fittings that screw into the steering rack so that we could loop it.

Alex made the headlight brackets all by herself and I have to say they fit absolutely perfectly! :up: Cracking piece of work, they've strenghtened the hold on the bumper 100% and more importantly, finished the final piece in the puzzle of making the car a PH1 again! Weheyy!:spanner:
RoDA8MT.jpg

Pic of the two fittings that I fitted back to the rack after welding them up. All looped now ready for the EPAS wiring to be hooked up to the loom after the engines back in :smirk:
fF1k0FW.jpg

Drilled out the bonnet and fitted some bonnet pins to it.. then removed them again so we could prep the engine bay for painting 😂 (Clips still on the bonnet itself just not the pins) Happy with how they look and the fitment is bang on :smirk:
Qp2CFqc.jpg

Managed to blank the bulkhead holes off finally and then sand & prime the entire engine bay ready for painting. We riveted them on with a load of pop rivets and then tiger sealed around the edges to prevent any water ingress.
l8InR5p.jpg

Now for the good bit... the engine bay is now fully resprayed in Racing Blue!! :hearteyes: All areas have been covered and all clear-coated too and we think it looks absolutely amazing :hearteyes: So happy with it.
NGl7WEn.jpg

1yj8sEx.jpg

Braided in car brake lines next with bias adjuster and then full interior respray in Racing Blue, also need to finish painting the cage. Then the engines going to be put back in.

Trackday soon anyone?😂:smirk:

Made a start on the brake lines today. We're doing all the lines for the 2 front brakes and all the lines up to the bulkhead. This is so we can have all the lines done and out the way ready to put the engine back in, rather than doing it the other way around and the engine getting in the way of drilling holes etc.

So what we did was earlier in the week visit a local brake fitting / Motorsports shop named Auto Hose in Milton. It's brilliant! Steve the bloke running it was so so helpful can't recommend it enough!

We bought,
  • X2 Fluid Reservoirs
  • 3m Braided brake line
  • X2 fittings for front calipers
  • X3 fittings for T Piece (we already bought this previously)
  • X1 Banjo bolt and screw for caliper feed
  • X1 Bulkhead fitting for rear lines (just wanted this in place so we didn't have to fit it behind the engine whilst it was in)
  • X2 Reservoir feed pipes - kindly given to us by our friends :tongueout:
Note: the pic shows 2 banjo bolts but we bought one the wrong size as we wanted 2 main feeds not 1 feed, 1 reservoir... My bad :unamused: So back off to the shop monday I go to buy/swap some fittings so we can get this step finished and the engine back in.
dhQic71_d.jpg

We made up the lines first which are an utter ballache due to the hose keeping on fraying every time we cut it for a different length. All is good now though:cool: and as always... It'll be worth it.

After making up all the hoses, Pete made us a bracket for our two reservoir pots to sit in, located where the heater box used to be - out of the way.
UXYzMp1_d.jpg

Picture below shows the front (mostly) complete and we are now ready to put the engine back into the car as the last fitting isn't awkward to get to and we can do it with the engine in :tongueout:. Happy days.
3lTUKiL_d.jpg

Looking forward to doing some more work on the car tomorrow!:hearteyes:

Booked our first trackday too at Curborough on 9th September so car's gotta be done by then:tearsofjoy: Ish.. don't care how many different colours it is.. it'll be there running and we'll be having fun lol.

Last edited:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Cheers dude, it's a compbrake clio V6 bias box with wilwood master cylinders. Bolts straight onto the standard pedal box :tongueout: Then we're making up full in car braided lines.

That's interesting. Does the v6 box work with the standard pedals?

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Hadn't seen this for a while it's really coming along now, look forward to seeing what happens next, you must be really pleased with the progress now :up:

Did a bit more work today. Loaded the donor car onto a trailer ready for the scrapyard :poo:

After we sorted that we hooked the engine back up to the crane, covered it in degreaser, gave it a good scrub and carefully rinsed it off with a jetwash. Looks much cleaner than it did before!:grin:

Noticed after getting rid of the grease and gunk caked all over the engine that we have an RS Stamped lower inlet which is an added bonus, saves us buying one! :smirk:
3BmGviA_d.jpg

After washing it off and drying it down with the airline it came up pretty well considering its an old engine, we didn't spend too long on it as its only gonna get dirty again anyway and it's a track car not show car, but it's a damn sight better than it was before!

Once it was dry we put it back in and fitted our Vibratechnics upper engine mounts!
WDFKNsI_d.jpg

KFcNeT3_d.jpg

Need to buy an Evol Race dogbone mount to match them now but not worrying about that anytime soon.

Now the engines in we're going to focus on the wiring side again, getting the car running which shouldn't be too hard seems we have a working loom now. Then once it's running again start chopping unwanted wires to tidy it up and save some more weight!

Had a discussion with Alex's dad earlier about maybe putting an alloy fuel tank inside the car, grinding the spare wheel well out and welding a plate over, then having the tank on top. Also we would use a swirl pot. Need to have a think about it atm as it'll obviously cost a chunk of money and we're on a budget.. probably will end up doing it though lol as it definitely is a lot better.

Will head to the brake shop tomorrow to buy those bits we forgot and finish the front brake lines off later in the evening!

m&l172ph1

ClioSport Club Member
  197 Cup
Dependent on size of the tank what about using the well plus a cover?

I'd have a foam filled tank made to fit in? (If it's big enough)

Clio 172 - Track Car
Looking good, just bought internal braided lines to delete the ABS on mine. Would have liked to make the lines myself but have a sprint day booked at curborough for the 21st august and won't have much time before then to mess about.

Just removed my dash and heater, need to make some blanking plates! It's a little dangerous without!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went to the brake fitting shop earlier this morning and got the remaining fittings so we could complete the brake lines in the engine bay.

Fitted them to the car this evening - so that's all done now :cool:
0zEhVv0_d.jpg

Once I'd done that, I dragged out the engine bay loom and started having a play around trying to lay it out in the rough shape it wants to go back into the car in. After some untangling I put it into the bay and connected quite a few of the plugs up, but it was getting late at this point so I called it a day and myself and Alex will probably go finish it tomorrow. Once that's all connected up it's time to start chopping wires :smilingimp:
t6pp9Gu_d.jpg

Looking good, just bought internal braided lines to delete the ABS on mine. Would have liked to make the lines myself but have a sprint day booked at curborough for the 21st august and won't have much time before then to mess about.

Just removed my dash and heater, need to make some blanking plates! It's a little dangerous without!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers fella! Let me know if you need any help with making the plates or doing the brake lines, we just rivited ours on and smeared tiger seal around the edge.

Enjoy the track day I love Curborough!! So much fun in my 133 Cup last time I went.

Been on holiday for the last week so obviously haven't had time to update this or do anything to the car! Prior to going on holiday I was going to post an update but the car annoyed me that much I had a bit of a strop...😂

So a couple of days after the last post I made, we connected all of the wires back up to the car and they were all 100% working when removed from the other car so we expected it to just be an easy straight swap. After connecting everything we tried to turn the car over by the key (won't start as fuel line not connected) and nothing happened. :weary:
Myself and Pete spent a whole evening trying to diagnose the fault and found it to be the exact same problem as we had with the other car! Relating to the starter not receiving any power. We played around testing all the wires for earths, lives or nothings and found that one wire connected to the starter relay was not earthed or live - it was dead. So we earthed it ourselves.

pvqkGup.jpg

The bright orange wire in the picture is the wire we temporarily inserted to diagnose the issue. When we touched the body with this wire to earth out the missing connection, the car turned over by the key perfectly. We were very happy with finding this and so left it at that for the night. (In hindsight, I think this wire must be a triggered earth from the UCH, to do with a module in the immobiliser, as this is where the wire lead to after I traced it all the way through the bulkhead).

We then came back the next evening with the idea of trying to resolve this fault, knowing the solution already. But then Renault electrics being as they are, nothing worked!! The relay was now receiving no power at all and our temporary fix no longer worked. This was the day before we went on holiday and it's been pissing me off to say the least!:angry: So while we were away I dug into the forums and trawled through hundreds of threads and replies to find just some useful information.
I narrowed it down to an immobiliser fault, which made absolutely no sense due to the loom being out of the donor car! Anyway we got back yesterday and we went straight to the car to try and fix the issue. When we were turning the key to start, the immobiliser light was rapidly flashing. I found that this meant the key was not recognised or there was a problem with it. We fixed this by removing what I can only assume to be the immobiliser ring, from the indicator stalk controls... The immobiliser now flashes steadily when they key is out, and goes solid for a second or two when turned, then goes out as it should - still no turning over though.

Our first port of call was tidy all of the earths up. We scratched the fresh paint off the earth points that we'd painted over (cries internally) and ensured they were all extremely tight. Tried the key, VOILA. The issue was solved and makes no sense at all apart from the dodgy earths. But anyway... long story short, I hate French electrics - it's now fixed.

Time for the good stuff!

EVOL Engineering Race Dogbone mount delivered while we were away. The dog ironically stole it off me when I opened it:tearsofjoy:😂 Clever thing.
8vhbDOY.jpg

So when we fixed the wiring yesterday, we begun tidying it all back up. Alex put all the engine fusebox back together and myself, Pete's friend and her brother Joe made a new bracket for the ECU to sit in. We ground off the horrible monstrosity of a bracket that comes standard on the ECU and riveted an aluminium sheet to the side of the engine bay. Then we drilled a couple of holes into it and bolted the ECU onto it - much tidier and frees up tonnes of room in the engine bay. God knows why Renault didn't just put it there..:poo:
CnSasly.jpg

e8SH8uc.jpg

We designed it so that the plug faced upwards, so if we ever needed access to it in the future it would be easy :smirk:

So now we've got no more hurdles, progress should pick up fast! Time to tidy the wires up where we want them in the long run and chop unused ones off. Unfortunately I'm at work all day today and tomorrow so can't do anything this weekend :triumph:. Then we've decided to get an internal alloy fuel tank and swirl pot, and run internal braided fuel lines. Need to buy a race battery and the leads we need for it, so we can keep testing if we break anything when cutting wires lol. :smiley:

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Have you finished the servo delete/pedal box conversion?

If so what's the pedal like? and any pics of it fitted to the brake pedal?

Have you finished the servo delete/pedal box conversion?

If so what's the pedal like? and any pics of it fitted to the brake pedal?

We've bolted it onto the pedal box and connected front lines. Still rear to do so not done yet. Then we'll need to set it up.

Haven't got a pic to hand of it being attached to the pedal but we had to grind some of the brake pedal off in order for a correct fit. This is perfectly normal as my friend had to do the same on his BMW and knows a few others who had to do the same also.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
We've bolted it onto the pedal box and connected front lines. Still rear to do so not done yet. Then we'll need to set it up.

Haven't got a pic to hand of it being attached to the pedal but we had to grind some of the brake pedal off in order for a correct fit. This is perfectly normal as my friend had to do the same on his BMW and knows a few others who had to do the same also.

Ok cool. Interested to hear your review.

I've nevered had anything from compbrake fitted very well.

In preparation for the delivery of the in car fuel tank we removed the plastic standard one from under the car today. Luckily this wasn't as much of a ballache as it was on the donor car as the bolts weren't as rusted... still got covered in rust though:neutral:

The tank we've decided on is a 12 gallon tank designed for a MK2 Escort. It's the perfect size and design for this car and has a built in swirl pot, so that saves us buying a separate swirl pot and all the fittings to go with it. Can save a bit of money that way and it will have the same benefits as running one externally!

After we removed the fuel tank we fitted the exhaust manifold and gasket back onto the car. We've decided to stick with the 172 exhaust until we put the new engine in with all of the performance mods we want to do to it, then upgrade to a 182 exhaust mani and full stainless exhaust. For now standard will do.
RoTqrnk.jpg

Also whilst on holiday I spotted a 2nd hand PH1 Flocked Dash for sale. After our attempt at flocking our own dash turned out to be a complete failure, I decided to just cut our losses with the kit and buy it as it was cheap enough. PS - If you were thinking of trying to flock anything using one of those kits off ebay, don't waste you're money it's bloody useless, followed the instructions to the letter and it's turned out crap :rage:

Our new dash however is much nicer and was apparently flocked by Black Sheep flocking company. It definitely is a professional job as you can tell by the way it feels compared to that pikey ebay kit we bought. Pictured below it still has the vents in, but we've removed them also now in preparation for relocating the interior fuse box into the left hand vent hole and placing the EPAS adjuster into the right hand vent hole, along with the brake bias adjuster knob.
Really happy with this purchase, we also love the tray it has instead of a passenger airbag cover - it's a nice touch.

Need to make this dash fit around the cage now so need to cut some chunks off it very carefully:confounded:
463rdg7.jpg

Ordered some goodies off CM Composites who are well known for making many different products for Clio's. Chris who dealt with my order was extremely friendly and helpful and I would definitely recommend them to anyone! The order's being packaged up tonight he tells me - can't wait for them to arrive:smirk: He offered me a good deal on the items if I agreed to put some advertisement stickers on our car once it's finished. We're counting it as our first sponsor :up:😂 Anyway... heres what we ordered:
  • Flat shaped front door cards.
  • Centre dash pod - to house all switches in.
  • Fibreglass Cup Spoiler - I believe this is 2kg lighter than the standard unit. Weight saving in the right area and also fancy looks - win win :hearteyes: