ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph1 horn on 182

Mazda Rx8
I know theres a million threads on this but none seem to tackle the problem I have.

I have an aftermarket steering wheel so bought a ph1 indicator stalk from eBay to use. (Its an aftermarket new one).

The old stalk has two pins which have connectors that lead into the steering squib then out to a connector for the original wheel horn.

The new stalk has a live and neural wired in with a plug on for the horn....but where does this go?

All the original wiring for the horn is redundant now.
950869b6a7faddf746a21420c16f25dc.jpg
3e601d676a2abf4bfd69e911cde1ca8c.jpg
5fd2bc9f43b190c721b7652c94470dd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
wrong stalk. can't remember what they are off but some look the same but horn connection is different and think it doesn't actually fit either?

Mazda Rx8
Gave up with the stalk in the end and used the horn provided with the steering wheel. All you need to do is remove the ground ring that earths the horn to the wheel. That's what caused peoples fires and made them buy this stalk. No need in the end, works fine now. [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

172 Ph2
Ok, thanks for the reply! I've recently picked up a 172 Ph2 track car with OMP wheel and horn that doesn't work and even touching the +ve and -ve wires together that come from the squib doesn't sound the horn, so I think someone before me has already fried it! Hence I'm trying to see what stalks work.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was going to go down the PH1 route as the Sabelt wheel doesn’t have a horn button unless I add a button plate. Which if I do I’ll want to go mad and remove both stalks and have everything on 6 buttons...

Something like this below but know it will be a wiring nightmare also I’d want it to be quick release too

Just think the PH1 route would be much much easier

Attachments

• 80359467-607D-4668-8DE1-A24EF88EDEA7.jpeg
    80359467-607D-4668-8DE1-A24EF88EDEA7.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 187
  172 Ph2
Just to bump this thread, I finally sourced a Ph1 indicator stalk with horn push button and fitted it on the weekend only to find out the horn still doesn't work (but all of the other functions on the stalk do). Any ideas where to look next?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
There’s a single wire that connects to the back of the stalk at the bottom iirc. Just plugs straight onto a spade connector, this is easy to miss.

172 Ph2
There's two wires on the back / underside of the stalk, one positive one negative, both spade connectors. I have plugged both of these in. As far as I can tell they are the wires which go to the two horn connectors in the wheel itself but need to get a multimeter on it to confirm.