ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ph1 172 lambda sensor quiz!!!???

Trophy #473
well mine has 2 and i oredered a ph1 decat only to find its an inch to short and only has 1 lambda sensor, sent it back to have it exchanged for a ph2 item, I didnt even know some ph1's have 2. and also there wasnt anything on there site saying to check if it has 1 or 2 lambdas. ordered off ktec btw.

172 cup'd extreme
Get under the car and see how many lambda's it has they changed the cat mid production on the phase 1 172

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Early phase 1s have a twin cat so have a pre and post O2 sensor. The PRE is the one that needs changing if fooked.

Later phase 1s have same cat with one sensor.

Twin sensor

EA9D75E2-BE3B-4D32-A1ED-88E504106FC2.jpeg

Single sensor

45AE01F0-B0AF-4CAD-BB7D-36698937E387.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
And yes a knackered Lambda will cause hesitation and spluttering under acceleration. You can buy them for around £50 on eBay, I use Bosch.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
All mine are twins, two of them 2000 and the other 2001.

The exclusive had similar issues to you, hesitation under load, poor mpg, and a rough idle. Changed it and all was well again.