ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol blue respray Difficulty?

Megane R26
Quick question..

Al I right in thinking most bodyshops would have a nightmare matching petrol blue? For example, front bumper respray?

That is all thank you!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Have you seen it? The respray might be decent....

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i'm guessing they use electrostatic painting at the factory, nigh on impossible to replicate in a paintshop.
and the static electricity makes the flakes directional I guess.

I thought that was a really old method/process and modern paint ‘technologies’ don’t require flakes to lie directionally.

Could be wrong mind.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
My mate did pretty good job :)

18744307739_efe42ee61f_z.jpg

18388364184_9968d92500_z.jpg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
My old one had a bumper respray, In the dark it was fine but in the sun the match wasnt the same, was done by a top spray shop too.

Megane R26
A mate has one with 62k miles that needs a bit of paint. Just did some maths but sounds like it's hard to spray well.

To be fair the sun hasn't shone since it was painted, but it looks good to me, and body shop were happy enough to do it. If we get any sun before it sells then I will let you know
Also...anyone that's owned one will tell you it looks different in any light, so its rare that the car looks the same on every panel anyway, if that makes any sense lol

Also...anyone that's owned one will tell you it looks different in any light, so its rare that the car looks the same on every panel anyway, if that makes any sense lol
Also again, its now on eBay and reserve has been met already, so it will be going, good luck if anyone is bidding

Right sun is out and gold is coming through on the resprayed bonnet, happy days. Will get a picture on of the bumper as only half needed doing, see who can tell which side