ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Password manager thing?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Got a spam today and it said I know your password, blah blah usual crap.

I've been lazy and used a similar password for all my non banking stuff and it seems that password managers are a reliable and safe tool? Any recommendations? I use the same one for a lot cos it's a f**king ballache! Ta

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive had tons of those emails demanding bitcoin as they know your password, stating some old password, and all that bollox. I read into it and its to do with a data leak in the past, ebay or whatever. I too could do with something to manage my passwords, as they are all over the shop now

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’ve used Keeper for years. Never had an issue with it.

I guess if there is one negative to these things is because I now use random complex passwords for everything I always need my phone when I want to access something. I have no idea what any of my passwords are from memory.

Rusty Cup
My brother installed password manager a few days ago and it made his samsung go mental. Was not impressed in the slightest. Had to factory reset the whole thing.

Hard pass (n)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I’ve used Keeper for years. Never had an issue with it.

I guess if there is one negative to these things is because I now use random complex passwords for everything I always need my phone when I want to access something. I have no idea what any of my passwords are from memory.
Yeah I thought that would be a bit of a pain

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
My brother installed password manager a few days ago and it made his samsung go mental. Was not impressed in the slightest. Had to factory reset the whole thing.

Hard pass (n)

Samsung pass is quite good on the samsung phones, i have it on my note9.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
1Password is by far the best one i've used, plugins work really well for chrome, plus integration on iOS.

KeePass and LastPass are also worth considering if 1Password isn't to your liking.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Nice one. Safe is it? I'm so clueless with all the stuff and get mega para about it all!
Yeah it’s legit, just a database of known breaches. It scans them for your email amongst the millions and lets you know what they think could have been found.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Another thumbs up for 1Password. I've been using it for years and years without issue and it works beautifully across all of my devices; PC, laptop, mobile, etc. It's great for passwords, logins, secure notes, passport details, bank cards... pretty much whatever you want to safely secure away.