ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger Electric Window - Bad Noise!!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Went to put the electric window up on the passenger side this morning, and when it got to the top, I heard a crack/snap, and then the sound of something dropping to the bottom of the door!

Pressed the switch to put it down again, and that was ok, but on the way back up, it was not going up evenly and wouldn't shut fully on the edge nearest to windscreen. I managed to slide it up manually and am obviously not going to touch it again now!

This happened to anybody else before? Guessing it is just a guide or something which has popped off? I'll get the door card off and inspect as soon as I can, but just thought I'd see if this has happened to anybody else before!

Ph1 172.

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Did you get this fixed mate as i have same prob and see its the runner that has broken like @bloke has said.Just wondered if its simple to removal

It was the window regulator in the end mate. The plastic parts had become brittle and snapped.

I bought a new window regulator (about £77 from ECP at the moment with their discount code) but you could always get one second hand. Car is having some suspension fitted in the garage at the moment so they will fit it, but they said it is about a half hour job once the door card is off. I would definitely have fitted it myself if the car wasn't already having some work done.