ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus 2 - Announced

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If I knew what any of that meant, i'd be all over it.
It's easier than it sounds if you follow the YouTube video from a few pages back.

Basically what you're doing is starting the phone in a different mode, connecting it to a PC, downloading a few files, typing some commands on the PC to make said files 'root' the phone, then once you have a 'rooted' phone, you can load a file onto it, install (flash) it on the phone and you're done.

In very simplified terms anyway lol. The video guides you through all that though.

One thing to note - it will wipe everything you have on it, because you haven't unlocked the bootloader - so one thing to consider, you will have to backup everything you need/want to.

Luckily Google makes it a ton easier if you sync your photos/contacts etc :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I found that once I'd done the whole unlocking the bootloader bit, once I booted the phone back up it asked me if I wanted to set it up as a new phone or restore my last backup. So I restored it and it had everything on it. Literally everything, screenshots, file downloads, the lot. Even asked which of my apps I wanted it go reinstall for me

Still backed up first mind, not a risk I would've taken but it made things nice and simple afterwards

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
OK, I'll prefix this by saying that background creep is always my major enemy.

This is on ak.

6ae9243cca1057fa6c83f70ec2a5737b.jpg

36 hours since charge, 2 hours screen on, 1 hour of call time....still on 36%.

I'm pretty happy with that!

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just tried that Antutu Benchmark with mine on AK Kernel v18 and got a score of 45844. It was up about 54k back before I rooted and was running stock OxygenOS! f**k knows what's up with it.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Well, oneplus tech support was great.
Told me my Titaniumbackup was safe on the phone. Unfortuneatly it wasnt.
All data lost, but least i had pictures backed up.
Support was great, very good at doing the support, took 2 hours and phone is factory reset etc etc.
See how it goes when it gets to 20 percent.

Oh well.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Got an invite as well, 3 hours too late for me, ordered a HTC One M9+ instead. F*ck you retarded invite system! Got to wait for shipping from Hong Kong though 😞 such a shame it wasn't released here.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My battery life on this is f**king shite the now. Lucky if I'm seeing 3 hours screen time and no matter what I do it doesn't get any better! Using amplify, greenify etc but it's not helping. Any ideas?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
My battery life on this is f**king shite the now. Lucky if I'm seeing 3 hours screen time and no matter what I do it doesn't get any better! Using amplify, greenify etc but it's not helping. Any ideas?
Did you install the latest update? It's cack, I removed it.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Think i'm going to have to go back to two phones. Getting pissed off with this phone.

What's wrong with it and how much you want for it.....

... hold on:

Well my One Plus Two adventure is drawing to a close.

RMA is arranged. Will await a new one.
What happened ?
Resolved !?
Did you install the latest update? It's cack, I removed it.
Has this been addressed ?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
@rctempire @sn00p @sburrell93 @Tyler@Ultimate @Addicted

Has anyone got a good story to tell with these ?!

Got invite to get one and I'll be buying it "as a work phone" through my company... So it'll be the same price as @Hans. 2nd hand one ha.

Thoughts, anyone ?!

Absolutely love my OPO. Had no issues at all. Haven't rooted it.
I had to rma mine. Work mate had to rma two different ones.
He wasn't rooted and no modification.
My returned one has no issues so far.

I know @sburrell93 has battery issues but I'm convinced it's an app causing it.

I'd say you'd be fine.

Oh and rma takes about 4 weeks from initial case to new phone.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah, as above I'm getting issues with battery life on mine. Screen time is about 3 hours and won't change no matter what I do.

Standby life however is ridiculously amazing. If I'm not using the phone the battery hardly drops at all, but as soon as I start using it, I'm fucked. Not got a clue what's up with it tbh.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, as above I'm getting issues with battery life on mine. Screen time is about 3 hours and won't change no matter what I do.

Standby life however is ridiculously amazing. If I'm not using the phone the battery hardly drops at all, but as soon as I start using it, I'm fucked. Not got a clue what's up with it tbh.
Do a quick test, hibernate Facebook messenger would you.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I love mine. My issue with the latest update was to do with an app I had running because it happened after rolling back. Once I removed the app, the issue went away.

Currently I'm NYC and using the second sim for data on 3! 25gb of data, yes please.

@rctempire @sn00p @sburrell93 @Tyler@Ultimate @Addicted

Has anyone got a good story to tell with these ?!

Got invite to get one and I'll be buying it "as a work phone" through my company... So it'll be the same price as @Hans. 2nd hand one ha.

Thoughts, anyone ?!

Absolutely love my OPO. Had no issues at all. Haven't rooted it.
Yeah love mine, better than then OPO in all areas which is enough for me.
Not rooted as I don't really need too.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've just got rid of amplify and tbh my battery life seems better already.

I think I had limited so many things from running over time that it was causing more issues than anything else. Will see how it goes the rest of today, then get back to limiting the few things causing real battery problems now.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I've just got rid of amplify and tbh my battery life seems better already.

I think I had limited so many things from running over time that it was causing more issues than anything else. Will see how it goes the rest of today, then get back to limiting the few things causing real battery problems now.
Good job. Wouldn't expect it to hinder performance but depends what you really did stop running.
Let us know what happens.

Dannyeff

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 trophy
@sburrell93 my battery life is amazing .. 8 oclock till 6 and had 64% left thats with listening to youtube in my car and checking my phone throughout the day :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye. I have a problem then. I lost 10% listening to spotify on the way to work this morning (45 mins) and I've currently got 44% left with just under 2 hours screen time.

Fucked if I know what's wrong with it though. Doing my head in now.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Aye. I have a problem then. I lost 10% listening to spotify on the way to work this morning (45 mins) and I've currently got 44% left with just under 2 hours screen time.

Fucked if I know what's wrong with it though. Doing my head in now.

What mail client are you using and what mail service are you using? (i.e gmail, icloud etc)

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Do you have it to fetch like every 5 mins?
Decrease the sync time to 30 mins.

Potential that inbox is doing it?
On cloudmagic and my battery is perfect, 5 accounts all set up. Including Exchange Push and fetch for all pop/imap.