ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

obsessive performance disorder red clio

dci clio track toy..
Just after some pics or videos if anyone took any of my diesel badged 172 .. it lost all water internallly . Head of and will be looking and when I know will let ya all know ... I was trying to catch blue starlet but just a little to quick and mike is a very very good driver .. cheers nick

dci clio track toy..
Dont know yet rich ... all water went but internally it was like a steam train lol .
Its only firing on two I think so hopefully head gasket but will know more early next week.... got another engine if its terminal ... it happens dont it mate not end of world .. was going well too lol

Clio Trophy #343
Dont know yet rich ... all water went but internally it was like a steam train lol .
Its only firing on two I think so hopefully head gasket but will know more early next week.... got another engine if its terminal ... it happens dont it mate not end of world .. was going well too lol

That's the great thing about your spec mate, its throw away really with the expensive bits simply bolt of and revolt to a other engine :)

Tbh its last well though, how long and how many track days you think its done?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Obsessive Performance Disorder?

Its a term we came up with about half a dozen years ago on a forum we use for organising trackdays and stuff, was mostly a vauxhall forum at the time, so perhaps he copied it if he is into vauxhalls or maybe he independantly came up with the same idea.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Its a term we came up with about half a dozen years ago on a forum we use for organising trackdays and stuff, was mostly a vauxhall forum at the time, so perhaps he copied it if he is into vauxhalls or maybe he independantly came up with the same idea.

It's Beardy that uses it. You know him, right?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's Beardy that uses it. You know him, right?

Flol, yes I know beardy well, and yes he blatantly nicked it from us. Not that it matters, we're only a club of people who do trackdays together so attach no commercial value to the term ourselves.

dci clio track toy..
Think ive done around 12 so far ... update on engine valve has dropped of and smasged a few things look look on my facebook rich..... see the plug lol

Clio 172 phase 1
Such a shame I was stoodrig where it went pop. Me and a mate we loving the banter with that starlet was so closest just had that bit of extra ommph got any pics of you'r engine and the damage? Couldn't believe it was running so smooth? Know exactly what went wrong yet?

dci clio track toy..
Well it aint the valve ... took off bodies and cam see the valve its bent but intact .. air filter full off metal and bits of valve seat ... just gonna pull out engine and put other in then look later ... did enjoy trying to beat mike but he just had legs .. did try to out brake him though lol

dci clio track toy..
Not quite sure .. valves intact just bent ... nothing obvious yet will look deeeper when I got other one in etc and got time to investigate ... had a spare engine as it was only a matter of time ... gotta get another spare now lol

Clio Trophy #343
Not quite sure .. valves intact just bent ... nothing obvious yet will look deeeper when I got other one in etc and got time to investigate ... had a spare engine as it was only a matter of time ... gotta get another spare now lol

When's the next track day? Good you are prepared with a spare engine lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Looks like quite a few of the OPD lads will be there then, craig is doing it as well i think, as are dewis, rich, lesley and me.

Clio Trophy #343
Looks like quite a few of the OPD lads will be there then, craig is doing it as well i think, as are dewis, rich, lesley and me.

no chnace of you getting there for the go karting? really looking forward to the day as it will be a good catch up/banter session with some tracktime :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
no chnace of you getting there for the go karting? really looking forward to the day as it will be a good catch up/banter session with some tracktime :)

Nope, none whatsoever, I have loads of work on that day and I cant sack it all off just to go karting I am afraid.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
lol, fair enough, be good to catch up later on for a few drinks :) are you takeing the RB and the 172?

Wont be much point taking the 172, will be on the rubbish standard (worn out) RB182 suspension and old RB182 brakes etc by then.

We've only booked one car on, so will just be in the RB.

172 wont get used again now mate, going to SORN it as soon as Les gets a chance to go to DVLA and transfer the plate, then will weigh it in once the bits are off it, its had a really good run and been a great little car but sadly the combination of paint damage and some rust spots starting on the shell have sealed its fate, hence the RB which is to replace it not to add to the fleet.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The very one lol. He's more well known on the interwebs than I thought.

Well to be fair, his twin engined corsa (which he has only been bulding for ten years and is over half finished, FLOL) is pretty memorable, and me and Rich are both always at the performance vauxhall show etc, in fact beardy when he takes it normally puts it on our stand, like I said, we go way back mate!

Clio Trophy #343
Wont be much point taking the 172, will be on the rubbish standard (worn out) RB182 suspension and old RB182 brakes etc by then.

We've only booked one car on, so will just be in the RB.

172 wont get used again now mate, going to SORN it as soon as Les gets a chance to go to DVLA and transfer the plate, then will weigh it in once the bits are off it, its had a really good run and been a great little car but sadly the combination of paint damage and some rust spots starting on the shell have sealed its fate, hence the RB which is to replace it not to add to the fleet.

That should mean we will be very close power and handling wise, my slight weight reduction vs your experience may even things out a bit :) go pro's at the ready :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well to be fair, his twin engined corsa (which he has only been bulding for ten years and is over half finished, FLOL) is pretty memorable, and me and Rich are both always at the performance vauxhall show etc, in fact beardy when he takes it normally puts it on our stand, like I said, we go way back mate!

It's actually getting rather close now. I'll grab some pictures when I'm next at the garage.

work for BMW
i was on the grassy bank watching as you turned into a massive cloud of smoke Lol was quite
Exciting , watched as the ambulance came and towed you !

Here's a pic and a video

.IMG_20130727_142113.jpg

th_VID-20130730-WA0001.jpg

Edit . I'm not sure if the video is working I have never posted a video before

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That should mean we will be very close power and handling wise, my slight weight reduction vs your experience may even things out a bit :) go pro's at the ready :)

Should think power to weight wise you will trounce us. Ours is full weight still. Nothing taken out at all. And its less power than standard currently as the cam timing is out and won't be sorted by Llandow as going to time it for the rs2 when we fit that.
llandow isn't a power circuit though really.

dci clio track toy..
Exhaust valve had broken .... why the funk would you put a two piece valve in a engine ! Bloody french idiots lol . Supertech here I come

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Super tech are also 2 piece...

True but the join is in a much safer place.

To be fair to Renault almost all OEM valves are two piece. Including XE ones, problem with the f4r is they are two piece and slim.

​On bodies a lot of the time the reason they fail is the engine is mapped poorly and running lean in places as this exposes them to more heat. But they will fail even on the standard engine if you are unlucky so its not always that to blame.