ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

North East - Nurburgring

Who'd be up for this?

I'll sort it if we get enough interest.....

Ferry from Dover to Dunkirk - £60
Few tanks of petrol each way -£150 (ish)
Camping for 3/4 days - €20 ish each.
Ring laps - €24 each.

This is all just an estimate but of we get in interest, I'll sort all the proper details.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Very tempting Stuart, at the minute I'd like to go again but saving up on camera stuff. If your talking around after July I'd be defo intrested

Get ferry from North Shields to Amsterdam it works out about the same price and a lot less driving ;) Amsterdam to ring is about a 3hour drive, I'm going in May, can't wait

Get ferry from North Shields to Amsterdam it works out about the same price and a lot less driving :wink: Amsterdam to ring is about a 3hour drive, I'm going in May, can't wait
It's slightly more expensive per car but as you say, it's less driving! £450 return or something it was last time i priced it.

First year I drove to Dover took me 15hour to get there lol take the ferry for now on. Try ringing dfds tell them your part of a car club ;) gets you discount

Clio 200 Turbo
When were you thinking of going stu? Im going in July but have two first two weeks off in September so could be tempted into going again 🙈

Clio 200 Turbo
First weekend of the 5th and 6th?
Stu you'll have to sort it out you're good at stuff like that lol

Clio 200 Turbo
Hotels are normally cheap enough?
North Shields would be ideal if we can get it as cheap as Geordie says

Just had a look on DFDS, It's about £180 per person (based on 2 people & 1 car)

I'll ring them up tomorrow if i get a chance. I'm up for it though, Mrs said i could go. Haha!

Also, the Hotel an der Nordschleife has a appartment available for upto 5 people.
That's £325 for 2 nights (between 5 people that's £65 each).

Haha Happy days!

What dates would you want to go? Ive just had a look and its open 8am-7pm sunday but closed the friday and sat. Would you want to stay for the monday too?

http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/lin...d8aa953f9333d337e6dc854X14;type=total;ucfs=1&

Lindner sleeps up to 5 for £143 for 2 nights or £172 for 3 nights. We tried to book this place for july but it was full 😞
Yeah, I'd stay the Monday if it meant another day of track time tbh! Depends on what other people want to do really! I'm easy on where we stay tbh! I've got a tent that sleeps upto 8 if we're stuck!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you thought about getting the Eurotunnel and a hotel the night before as it would work out a lot cheaper.

I'd recommend staying at Linder Ferienpark it's cheaper to book direct, a three bed house that sleeps five costs €380 for three nights in September.

I stayed there last April and it's where I'm staying again this weekend.

IMG_5874_zps1cc98745.jpg

Have you thought about getting the Eurotunnel and a hotel the night before as it would work out a lot cheaper.

I'd recommend staying at Linder Ferienpark it's cheaper to book direct, a three bed house that sleeps five costs €380 for three nights in September.

I stayed there last April and it's where I'm staying again this weekend.

IMG_5874_zps1cc98745.jpg
Plus £100 extra in fuel. So it works out around the same. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm still tempted in this you lot. But i don't think i'll be taking my car if i go i'd be more than happy being a passenger in one of your cars and be taking plenty of pictures. As i say September would be good. Right now be up for it but could change down the line. Need a place of my own right now but could scrape a holiday this year :smile:

So is this just a drive to the ring and hang around there through out the trip? I remember that museum that we didn't get too in Germany

I'm still tempted in this you lot. But i don't think i'll be taking my car if i go i'd be more than happy being a passenger in one of your cars and be taking plenty of pictures. As i say September would be good. Right now be up for it but could change down the line. Need a place of my own right now but could scrape a holiday this year :smile:

So is this just a drive to the ring and hang around there through out the trip? I remember that museum that we didn't get too in Germany
Yes Mark, just a trip to the 'Ring!

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Right, who's in? I want to get it sorted soon ish! Travelling from North Shields, to Amsterdam. September 4th or 5th. Need to finalise the date!
1- Stu
2- Hawxby
3- @@Invexis-
4- gudger12345

There might be a change of plan!

I worked out some costs for going from Dover and North Shields lol!

Going from Dover (including petrol) roughly about £185 per car + or - a few quid either way!

Going from North Shields - about £450 per car, but there's about 6/7 hours less driving.

So even tho it's closer from North Sheilds, I think it's still definitely worth driving to Dover and through France!! Opinions?

Clio 200 Turbo
Yeah id be happy to drive to dover to save that amount of money! Its the way i normally go anyway