ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Noisy Rear End

Mainly after a curry...

Okay seriously, the Cup has a strange issue I'm struggling to diagnose.

When I have a passenger in the car, there seems to be a grinding/creaking coming from the NSR (I think) only when I accelerate.

Now I know the NSR caliper is sticking, so it could be that, but I'm not convinced it is. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

It's worth pointing out that with a lot of noises like this, actually pinpointing the location is tricky, it could well be gearbox, but then why it would only do it when I have a passenger is where that theory falls short.

So yeah... anyone any ideas?

It's not a passenger that causes it, it's weight, as I drove home the other day with a lot of crap in the back and it was doing the same noise under acceleration, it's like a creaking/grinding, really hard to put my finger on.

Searches tell me it could be the exhaust, the springs (Apex's seem to have a common issue with creaking), the bushes.

It's jolly irritating if I'm honest, especially as I can't recreate it on the drive, no matter what I do.