ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*NOISE NOISE NOISE*

Clio 182
My 182 with itbs is failing track noise limits.

What is the exhaust diameter? I need to get a silencer welded in.

Manifold back is standard fitment

Please help!!!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’ve never understood noise limits on track. Surely given most aren’t even road cars what’s the point in noise limits? Not like they’re right next to houses or anything

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I’ve never understood noise limits on track. Surely given most aren’t even road cars what’s the point in noise limits? Not like they’re right next to houses or anything

Tis the law. Although when i have been ive been amazed some have been allowed on.

monaco 172
Standard exhaust is pretty much silent. It must be the itbs or a cheap OEM exhaust causing you the bother.

Clio 182
Standard exhaust is pretty much silent. It must be the itbs or a cheap OEM exhaust causing you the bother.
Standard manifold, with sports cat and k tec system. I have to do something with the exhaust or i wont get out at my home circuit of Thruxton...

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
What dB does it blow at 4K revs? Has the exhaust system have a mid silencer? How old is it?
I found my old ktec recessed exhaust got very loud and boomy after a few years.. So to be sure I wouldn’t have a problem I went with the 172 Pure motorsport exhaust. My system is 182 manifold, sport cat, 2 silencers and itb’s blows 93db out the back I’m not sure what the dB at the front is but I’ve been round Thruxton a couple of times...never had a problem.

monaco 172
Standard manifold, with sports cat and k tec system. I have to do something with the exhaust or i wont get out at my home circuit of Thruxton...
That's completely different to your original post lol. A ktec system is way louder than the stock system.

Depending on which system you have ktec sell centre silencers to fit most of them, I did this on my previous 172 system which was straight through to the backbox and it took loads of noise out of it.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo

Its usually some prick who moves near the circuit and complains about it being too noisy, knowing fine well its going to have a bit of noise through the day, which puts restrictions on db level. My local circuit Croft had a carry on a while back.

Never understood the mega strict driveby at Donnington though as the airport is next door to it, and planes flying in all hours. Me doing 98.2db on 98db driveby resulted in black flag :cautious:

Clio 182
That's completely different to your original post lol. A ktec system is way louder than the stock system.

Depending on which system you have ktec sell centre silencers to fit most of them, I did this on my previous 172 system which was straight through to the backbox and it took loads of noise out of it.
My Mistake, ktec full system. Bough not built so i'm not sure which system it is...

Clio 182
What dB does it blow at 4K revs? Has the exhaust system have a mid silencer? How old is it?
I found my old ktec recessed exhaust got very loud and boomy after a few years.. So to be sure I wouldn’t have a problem I went with the 172 Pure motorsport exhaust. My system is 182 manifold, sport cat, 2 silencers and itb’s blows 93db out the back I’m not sure what the dB at the front is but I’ve been round Thruxton a couple of times...never had a problem.
It was 99db at 5250 rpm at brands (98db limit) Thruxton is 90db. No silencers between cat and back box. I'm getting a silencer added next week so hopefull that will drop it.