ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

No radio info on LCD help?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Re installed the original radio today.

Allmpowers up fine but there is no radio info on the screen so I can enter code.

Time, back light and temp all fine. These are the harness plugs.

Any ideas?

84C6F745-1BD3-491F-8507-D5FC0601657E.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have only had that happen when fitting the wrong standard radio. So fitting a tuner list one in a car that came with the other if that makes sense. All powered up, but info displayed on the screen.

Is it definately the origional radio that came with the car?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I have only had that happen when fitting the wrong standard radio. So fitting a tuner list one in a car that came with the other if that makes sense. All powered up, but info displayed on the screen.

Is it definately the origional radio that came with the car?

No it was from another 182.

Ex 182 owner
To add to agreement to above.. tried tuner in a trophy. turned on but didn't work. update list sorted it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a look at my 182 one yesterday and it's an Update List.
Interesting. The one I removed from my 182 the other week was a Tuner List and works fine.

It was 2nd hand though as my original went pop about ten years ago. Could be that the standard item was an Update List unit?

Stupid names for a head unit, regardless!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Interesting. The one I removed from my 182 the other week was a Tuner List and works fine.

It was 2nd hand though as my original went pop about ten years ago. Could be that the standard item was an Update List unit?

Stupid names for a head unit, regardless!

Suppose it depends on what yours came with.

There was a crossover period during 54 plates I believe.

Yeah the later ones were Update List.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
@Ant1

Forgive me in asking but did you fit the yellow plug? If you don't you will get exactly as you describe.

Tuner list and update list both light up the dash screen but won't let you put the code in.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
@Ant1

Forgive me in asking but did you fit the yellow plug? If you don't you will get exactly as you describe.

Tuner list and update list both light up the dash screen but won't let you put the code in.

Yes plugged it in.

Screen lights up with time and outside temp but that’s it.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Update list was the newer better version, but i thought both worked in either.

Strange thing though, is yours has cabasse on it, which is the best version all round. I thought this only came in the update list version but obviously not.

I have a feeling your 182 would have came with the update list version so needs that.

For info, i have fitted a standard non cabasse tuner list in my dci which works fine, but i know it isnt standard as it has the cabasse speakers so should at least be a cabasse head unit too.

I would see if someone local will let you try theirs?
Also, it isnt a fuse is it? Double check that as my fuse was blown but radio still worked, just only with engine on.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I got a old tape deck in one of my clios, will take it out and try. Interesting about the fuse, assumed that if the headunit was powered fuse would be ok.