ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nissan Silvia spec R

Evo 5 RS
👀 Think I’m finally happy with the wheel choice after 4 different sets, quite like the clean silver look at the minute, ask me in 6 months when I get bored again 😂

specs are 17x9 +22 front and 17x9 +35 rear
17x9 +22 mine are this all-round I believe

Ph2 Meg 225
C8DC6F0A-DC68-4617-9AF7-DFFF3E7EB205.jpeg
Had my time with the Silvia but fancied a change for various reasons. Had it mapped to 300bhp and was a fun car but I’d done what I wanted to the car other than paintwork which didn’t seem viable and quickly got bored.

Sold the car privately and acquired a new vehicle. Very different car but think it’s great, only had it a couple of months so still a work in progress.

2012 Subaru hatchback sti

Day I collected it.
4887E60A-9789-4EB3-B45D-801BB186F9B0.jpeg

23ED3279-6634-4ABD-8D7F-66DCAFAB3F84.jpeg

Spent abit of money to get it how I’d like.

Fitted
- Jdm rear fog lamp
- Genuine sti front splitter
-15mm wheel spacers
-jdm rear badges
-optional sti enkei wheels found on the r205, legacy and I believe spec c type ra.
-Michelin ps4s tyres
-new front sti grille badge
-genuine Subaru wind deflectors

4F3AE8D6-72C1-4158-A919-8052C3AC2614.jpeg

7B5FB79F-86F7-421C-8011-4D73A8BA693D.jpeg

45A150F6-9605-41ED-80DB-D30122129ECB.jpeg

0E26B08B-CD46-46FD-87EE-6AE3B29FF803.jpeg

4016EC7A-340E-4E92-868C-A7C06DB87F26.jpeg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I really like these, but didn't when they first came out. They have aged so well.
Yeah as an Impreza purist myself when the hatches came out they were immediately labelled as an absolute abomination. However my mate’s one definitely changed my mind. Not particularly fast but lots of fun.

I’d still take the S15 personally but both are cool cars in their own way.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I really like these, but didn't when they first came out. They have aged so well.

Everyone hated them cos they switched from Saloon to Hatchback, and it just 'wasn't a Impreza anymore.

Now if someone offered a 4WD hatch with a 2L turbo people would be all over it like flies on sh*t.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Shame the S15 had to go.

Is there any decent aftermarket rear light options for the Impreza? What’s on there are some of the worst rear lights I’ve seen on a car. Looks good otherwise. Love it in red.
This, they ruin the car IMO, disliked them from day one and they haven't grown on me.

Red is also a great colour, my MY99 Classic was red.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Shame the S15 had to go.

Is there any decent aftermarket rear light options for the Impreza? What’s on there are some of the worst rear lights I’ve seen on a car. Looks good otherwise. Love it in red.
Bet there’s tonnes of JDM options. Car Shop Glow are bound to do good options.

Ph2 Meg 225
Yeah as an Impreza purist myself when the hatches came out they were immediately labelled as an absolute abomination. However my mate’s one definitely changed my mind. Not particularly fast but lots of fun.

I’d still take the S15 personally but both are cool cars in their own way.
Shame the S15 had to go.

Don’t miss the s15 one bit, I think the hype around them is way bigger than what it should be, was a fun car to drive like a nob but any other time it wasn’t pleasant on the awful roads we have.

Build quality isn’t great either, as to be expected within reason with a late 90’s car but no rubber seals as factory between body and aero parts meant you could here the paint to plastic rubbing when touching them.

Quite like the lights myself personally, didn’t like them with the u.k fog light

Ph2 Meg 225
Cosworth done a Subaru this shape didn’t they? 400bhp and limited to 100?

That is a lovely motor mate

Cheers mate. Indeed they did, not too sure what else may have been upgraded as opposed to regular models. Was going to get a yellow spec c but couldn’t justify the extra cost

Ph2 Meg 225
Forgot a picture of the engine bay. Cars come from Scotland where the previous owner had a lot work done.
Forged engine with cosworth headgasket, supertech valves, 1050cc injectors, precision turbo, rcm breather kit amongst the long list.

glad they kept it looking original as opposed to what most do with Subaru engine bays 😂
01AF4D93-3943-454B-B9D8-A61C6DDE0E9C.jpeg

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot a picture of the engine bay. Cars come from Scotland where the previous owner had a lot work done.
Forged engine with cosworth headgasket, supertech valves, 1050cc injectors, precision turbo, rcm breather kit amongst the long list.

glad they kept it looking original as opposed to what most do with Subaru engine bays 😂View attachment 1665563
Subaru are smart aren't they. They painted the inner wings and slam panel pink knowing in 5 years time the rest of the car will match.

Looks very clean mate!

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Bought for £13.5k approx 4 1/2 years ago sold it for 22k, needed some work on the strut towers at that. Rare occurrence to make money on a car for sure!

Mate of mine is in the same situation, bought his for £14k but it needs a lot of tidying to get anywhere near £22k

BD72B609-0C98-4942-8C10-E9772EF24D80.jpeg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Nice return you had there. Good work.

I still can’t believe I bought my old s15 on 70,000 miles for £8k 😂

What a time to be into JDM stuff.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Don't blame you for selling the S15 to be honest. Subaru is probably a more enjoyable car on UK roads, and the prices of any Silvias are getting silly now. The Yanks have just made them go bonkers.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Don't blame you for selling the S15 to be honest. Subaru is probably a more enjoyable car on UK roads, and the prices of any Silvias are getting silly now. The Yanks have just made them go bonkers.

They're not 25 years old yet so its not the Americans.

You'll see the 1999's sky rocket in value next year though. They'll hit Supra levels of value imo.

Saying that however, I do have a US client with one in storage waiting until next year.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I think they're still having an impact. There must be hundreds of R34 Skylines in storage, waiting to be exported to the US, so I bet there are loads of S15s too. Drifting has definitely had an impact too of course, as I bet loads have been smashed up for that, just like S13s and 14s were.

You're right though, the prices will only go up from here. It's a shame really, but happens to most stuff eventually.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Cosworth done a Subaru this shape didn’t they? 400bhp and limited to 100?

That is a lovely motor mate
I had a look at a couple of Cosworth hatches. Were 75. One was at dealer and one was private sale. They were £50k new in 2010 when regular STI was probably £28k. I was looking at £28k cars in maybe 2014. The dropped to about £23k in the next couple of years before shooting up. Hardly see them advertised. Top Gear test with Clarkson with the Cossie & RS500 Focus.

The 2.5l paranoia was to much for me so ended up with a nice 2005 widetrack which we owned for 7 years without issue.

They had a lot of upgraded bits and was pre facelift with less aggressive front bumper. but what was noticeable was that engine was even laggier than std unit. Maybe 3.7k on it before waking up. When dude took me for test drive in his own car he dropped the clutch and it launched . I looked in the mirror to see what I think was clouds of evaporated tyre in the air. But it was rapid. Then a few years later Merc launced the A43 and all the press stuff went mad. Forgetting Scooby Cossie did it earlier...... and the Yaris GR is pretty much replicating what the STI did to great plaudits.

I do like a hatch and that Red one looks nice.

I don't know if I read if it was UK 2.5 or Jap 2.0?

Ph2 Meg 225
Nice return you had there. Good work.

I still can’t believe I bought my old s15 on 70,000 miles for £8k 😂

What a time to be into JDM stuff.

in reality I probably only made 2k max on the s15 when you consider what I’d spent on it but still a lot better than a loss!

8k is what they should still be, do you regret getting rid of yours besides the financial aspect?
Without a doubt better for the uk roads. Much more modern, comfortable and practical. Maybe I’m just getting old 😂

A couple of people I knew of sold their s15s to dcg for between £33-35k which Is mental
I had a look at a couple of Cosworth hatches. Were 75. One was at dealer and one was private sale. They were £50k new in 2010 when regular STI was probably £28k. I was looking at £28k cars in maybe 2014. The dropped to about £23k in the next couple of years before shooting up. Hardly see them advertised. Top Gear test with Clarkson with the Cossie & RS500 Focus.

The 2.5l paranoia was to much for me so ended up with a nice 2005 widetrack which we owned for 7 years without issue.

They had a lot of upgraded bits and was pre facelift with less aggressive front bumper. but what was noticeable was that engine was even laggier than std unit. Maybe 3.7k on it before waking up. When dude took me for test drive in his own car he dropped the clutch and it launched . I looked in the mirror to see what I think was clouds of evaporated tyre in the air. But it was rapid. Then a few years later Merc launced the A43 and all the press stuff went mad. Forgetting Scooby Cossie did it earlier...... and the Yaris GR is pretty much replicating what the STI did to great plaudits.

I do like a hatch and that Red one looks nice.

I don't know if I read if it was UK 2.5 or Jap 2.0?
Thanks, wanted red as it’s abit more uncommon. it’s the uk 2.5, but thought the uk models are abit ugly with all the badges on the bootlid, rear fog and plates so decided to change it up abit

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
in reality I probably only made 2k max on the s15 when you consider what I’d spent on it but still a lot better than a loss!

8k is what they should still be, do you regret getting rid of yours besides the financial aspect?

Without a doubt better for the uk roads. Much more modern, comfortable and practical. Maybe I’m just getting old 😂

A couple of people I knew of sold their s15s to dcg for between £33-35k which Is mental

Thanks, wanted red as it’s abit more uncommon. it’s the uk 2.5, but thought the uk models are abit ugly with all the badges on the bootlid, rear fog and plates so decided to change it up abit
Nah I got rid because I wanted a DC5 more 😂

Made about a grand after the mods and stuff but I didn’t really want to spend a wedge making it loads quicker.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Wheels are lovely on this also. UK wheels especially on the 330s were ugly.

I remember one car I looked at had a red film over the rear clear lights. That looked really good.