ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie with a clio 172

Clio 172 Track Car
Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself,
I bought a Clio 172 a couple of months ago and i'm currently making it into a track car for Knockhill.

So far i've got
Poly carbon windows all round,
Full safety devices cage (Still to get it powder coated),
OMP Steering Wheel,
Oz Alloys (Still to get them powder coated).
I've ordered 197 Camshafts and the tool to time them with a 7% Advanced inlet.
TYP200 Brake Fluid (Used to be Blue i think it was)

Im looking to see what brake pads people recommend, I've been told Yellow Stuff Pads ?

I've currently got the engine out as i had a bit of an oil leak (turned out to be the cam cover)
But i thought might aswell strip it and relap the valves back in and replace all the gaskets etc.

Heres some pictures of the car.

Cheers

IMG_6437.jpgIMG_6456.jpgIMG_6710.jpgIMG_6711.jpgIMG_6818.jpg58013840382__F51DE42D-9729-4F7A-9E47-2099DB35E48F.JPGIMG_7224.PNGIMG_4861.JPG

Clio 172 Track Car
Thanks mate.
Glad I didn’t order the yellow stuff pads then.

Planning on getting a pm shifter, bucket seats and Jon fossard frames,

Exhaust system (not sure what one though)
AD08R tyres
Remap from efi
Induction kit (not sure what one either)
182 manifold
Fitting an electric steering column
Removed air con

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate.
Glad I didn’t order the yellow stuff pads then.

Planning on getting a pm shifter, bucket seats and Jon fossard frames,

Exhaust system (not sure what one though)
AD08R tyres
Remap from efi
Induction kit (not sure what one either)
182 manifold
Fitting an electric steering column
Removed air con
Sounds like a clone of my car! ?

Exhaust I've got a Ktec Stealth supersprint but still have the 172 manifold for now. Probably gonna get a 182 one this winter ready for next year
Pads I've got PBS and some Mintex Racing F3 but I've got a set of Megane 225 Brembos and PBS pads to go on
Tyres I've got a few sets, got NS2R 100 compound for now but I'm looking at a deal on a massive stock of GITI fun cup tyres with a pal of mine
PH1 airbox with a Pipercross filter and a cold air feed to it
dCi steering rack and no PAS! I have all the bits to wire in the EPAS with the EPAS column but cba, I'm man enough for the tussle?
Then I've removed AC and PAS with a cup alternator bracket and a tiny 850mm 4pk belt

Clio 172 Track Car
Sounds like a clone of my car! ?

View attachment 1428650

Exhaust I've got a Ktec Stealth supersprint but still have the 172 manifold for now. Probably gonna get a 182 one this winter ready for next year
Pads I've got PBS and some Mintex Racing F3 but I've got a set of Megane 225 Brembos and PBS pads to go on
Tyres I've got a few sets, got NS2R 100 compound for now but I'm looking at a deal on a massive stock of GITI fun cup tyres with a pal of mine
PH1 airbox with a Pipercross filter and a cold air feed to it
dCi steering rack and no PAS! I have all the bits to wire in the EPAS with the EPAS column but cba, I'm man enough for the tussle?
Then I've removed AC and PAS with a cup alternator bracket and a tiny 850mm 4pk belt

That looks good Kyle, where is your cold airfeed coming from ? also would you be able to show me a picture of your ph1 filter housing set up please.

Thanks

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
That looks good Kyle, where is your cold airfeed coming from ? also would you be able to show me a picture of your ph1 filter housing set up please.

Thanks
Got a 100mm T piece from the Foglight duct up to the airbox. I'd much prefer to have a V6 airbox tbh as it has one large opening

Best pic I have, the air feed comes up in front of the battery