ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New rep for South Wales.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Morning chaps!

Just to report incase anyone has missed the admins posts we have a new rep for South Wales.

This meaning the Welsh section of the forum should be a little more active than in the past and we'll definitely be having a few more meets than we have over the last year. (Top job on the Brecon run @dajones I've been reliably informed it was enjoyed)

The other thing I'd like to see for the South Wales section of the forum is for things to get a little more sociable outside of the forum. Some still haven't met, been on a drive, done a track day or just had a general day out!

Remember this section of the forum is for us Welshies. If there's anything you'd like to see happen, say and we can see what we can do to get it done.

Cheer chaps!

Suzuki Jimny
Go karting meet!

I tried to organise one several times but people wouldn't pay for it.

Congrats and good luck!

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
A karting meet is certainly on the cards chaps, @Ash' and Dano did try to organise one back in June but that fell through unfortunately despite their best efforts!

Any one down for Cliosport Christmas karting club? A few prizes to tempt folk along as well as bragging rights as the best driver until the next CCKC.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
newport is a fair old way for me so i wont be going there. but if its in swansea im game (could have my arm twisted for cardiff to tbh)

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
newport is a fair old way for me so i wont be going there. but if its in swansea im game (could have my arm twisted for cardiff to tbh)
Was personally thinking of making it in Cardiff Jaff as it's a little closer for everyone then and a little fairer.

It was intended that South Wales would have a rep for both the east and west so that every one had a fair share of meets to go to and such alike. Though would seem like no one from the south west applied sadly so you're stuck with me ;) .... I will be doing my best to make sure we have meets and events across the whole of the south so that no one is left out.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Was personally thinking of making it in Cardiff Jaff as it's a little closer for everyone then and a little fairer.

It was intended that South Wales would have a rep for both the east and west so that every one had a fair share of meets to go to and such alike. Though would seem like no one from the south west applied sadly so you're stuck with me :wink: .... I will be doing my best to make sure we have meets and events across the whole of the south so that no one is left out.

i may apply for it when i get the renault on the road. in the mean time though ill attend what i can.
i liked the burpspeed trackday tbh so more meets like that would be good

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
i may apply for it when i get the renault on the road. in the mean time though ill attend what i can.
i liked the burpspeed trackday tbh so more meets like that would be good

You were at the burpspeed day ehh Jaff? Which car were you in?
Must of missed though you saying that my head was in the shed that day....grumping over my Clio not being on track.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
the focus is faster :wink: lol

gonna try and make it every year (hopefully have the renault with me next year) so plenty of time to meet etc.

Will be organising a track day long before the burpspeed one swings around chap and I heard they weren't to sure on organising another one due to the time it took to organise and lack of numbers attending...shame really as it was a class day out!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
cool. like i said when the renaults done ill probably be more involved. cant afford to track the focus tbh lol

clio 182 trophy
Nice one Filters!
I am up for some karting. Used to go down the Cardiff one all the time. Prefer the newport one but can still have a laugh in cardiff.
They would sort out some decent track time if we could get enough people there. They are quite good down cardiff tbf!

The llandow track would be interesting in the wet!

Looking....
Congratulations @Filters.
Not sure I can do much this side of Christmas with work and family but never say never.
Just a thought. ...how many people in the south wales area are into valeting/detailing/cleaning their cars whether professionally or like me as a weekend hobby?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Congratulations @Filters.
Not sure I can do much this side of Christmas with work and family but never say never.
Just a thought. ...how many people in the south wales area are into valeting/detailing/cleaning their cars whether professionally or like me as a weekend hobby?
I dabble in a bit. Tend to do friends and work mates cars though

Looking....
Yeah I made the mistake of going on dw forum one day, it's started to get a little out of hand now!
I was just wondering if there was enough interest to do something detailing related in the area. Always good to meet like minded people.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
love detailing ,as soon as you go on the dw forum prepare to have an empty wallet,can spend all day on thr car sad i know

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I made the mistake of going on dw forum one day, it's started to get a little out of hand now!
I was just wondering if there was enough interest to do something detailing related in the area. Always good to meet like minded people.

Haha as you know Buddy I'm very in to detailing to the extent FBSO detailing will be up and running in full next year. A few of this years customers have been over the moon with how there cars came out. ( @Cooperate can vouch for that) so we could certainly set up a detailing meet for those that haven't spent much time tidying up their motors before.

Bug

Megane rs250
Been in active for a while, congratulations filters on becoming the south wales rep
I sort of lost interest in the clio for 2 months i didnt even want to drive it ... so i didnt
Its currently with french auto solutions in pontypool last i heard i have a knock sensor failure
As soon as i get it back i'll try and fall in love with it again but it just doesnt make me smile like my old 106 gti :(

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been in active for a while, congratulations filters on becoming the south wales rep
I sort of lost interest in the clio for 2 months i didnt even want to drive it ... so i didnt
Its currently with french auto solutions in pontypool last i heard i have a knock sensor failure
As soon as i get it back i'll try and fall in love with it again but it just doesnt make me smile like my old 106 gti 😧

Ahh that doesn't sound to good buddy! I know where you coming from on the old GTI front but when you get it fixed, find a nice twisty road grab if by the scruff of the neck and give it a good ragging! You'll soon fall back in love with the Clio!

Hopefully mine will be back on the road soon ready for selling!

Bug

Megane rs250
Im off to Norwich end of this month so hopefully it will do me well and i will enjoy it more
How come your selling up?