ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member with track clio

Clio 172, Astra burg
Hi all, recently purchased a clio 172 for the track, stripped out, roll cage, buckets and harnesses, lowered, 8 alloys (4 road tyres and 4 stickys) cant wait to start using it.

Just needs a decent steering wheel to finish it off.
Also thinking of having it on the road as its mot'd

Thoughts and opinions welcome ??
20190710_134953.jpg
20190711_100835.jpg
Snapchat-1104459090.jpg

Clio 197,with megan'
Nice car. I run a Meglio, not stripped as much as yours, and doing long distances, I use earplugs sometimes. Yours, I am sure, will be noisier.Personally, I would use it as a road car as well.

Clio 172, Astra burg
Nice car. I run a Meglio, not stripped as much as yours, and doing long distances, I use earplugs sometimes. Yours, I am sure, will be noisier.Personally, I would use it as a road car as well.
Yeah its got a big silly oval back box on it that will need to come off, just waiting on the book to come through to get it taxed then i can start using it ?

What model meglio do you have?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome aboard. Putting a few road miles on it would be a good shake down. You don't want to book a track day and have the car break down early on!
I spotted a vxr burg yesterday, first one I've seen for ages!

Clio 172, Astra burg
Welcome to the club mate. Be interesting to see what direction you go with this.
Forward hopefully ? joking aside, ive been a passenger round the track once and as soon as i got off the track i started shopping for a clio, never thought id enjoy it as i prefer a "show car" but i honestly cant wait

Clio 172, Astra burg
Welcome aboard. Putting a few road miles on it would be a good shake down. You don't want to book a track day and have the car break down early on!
Yeah thats the plan, a few miles to see whats loose lol

My burg is my show car, 313bhp, too scared to break it lol
20190521_132232.jpg20190524_212705.jpgIMG_20190207_181756_316.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome, looks a decent little base to work from. Enjoy the cheap repairs and chuckability on track.

Clio 172, Astra burg
Not in my Clio no but had a few passenger laps at csf and can confirm they go around well! I've too much mechanical sympathy to track my car?.
Yeah I've seen lots of them, couldn't believe how good they were

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
MOT on Monday after being sat for a year...

Kick its head on the Saturday???

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Need a new steering wheel in mine, got the standard one with a manual rack, it's like driving a bus and I had mega wrist pump when on track?

That being said I should probably put my EPAS on because driving the Megane is a piece of piss