ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New family wagon

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
AD0E5AD9-B923-471F-9E68-7E6A5DE83272.jpeg
I wish we had that engine in our family bus! Sadly ours is just the 2.2 diesel (200bhp), it is a Titanium X Sport tho so looks kinda ok (pic from google)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Beast. Quite like an S-Max tbh. In fact I do like them in that Ti-X trim as above. Good engine though.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Beast. Quite like an S-Max tbh. In fact I do like them in that Ti-X trim as above. Good engine though.

Yeah must admit for a mpv the one above looks good.
Aye, engine makes it for me, Ally just laughed when I revved it earlier. Couldn't take him for a spin cos it was blocked in by too many other cars.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Funnily enough @gally he was first to comment on the s-max fb group I joined. Been giving helpful tips for getting it sorted inside.

@Photomattbrown thats decent looking, wont be a slouch either surely?
Yeah to be honest it’s plenty fast enough for a kid carrier, has all the kit and does look good. I’m usually one to swap my car every couple of yrs but without spending 35k I can’t think of anything that does the job as well as this.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got it cleaned up the other day but conditions were terrible so not many pics of during.

Went a bit overboard the day before though

279C94EC-417A-49AA-84F4-BB9347294C00.jpeg
F9F50170-8AA6-48D7-9957-F0752D18174D.jpeg

Worth it IMO.
4BC62690-C06B-47DE-A733-722CB0054850.jpeg

And looking better but only smelling a bit better
F841D495-D455-49F7-A7D2-081378211BDA.jpeg
91FD309E-096C-4F60-B52A-4CB3E3BB0005.jpeg

Seats were still damp in those pics but now they've dried it's much more even.

I chucked some uprated bulbs in and Renault could learn a thing or 2 in this aspect

58B31CD6-1AFC-4FEA-BE27-CE4C3A5B60BC.jpeg

We've since used an odour bomb thingy but as it's still ventilating just now I don't want to comment on how effective it has been.

I also gave the exhausts a really quick metal polish

64720D0B-BCEF-4FD6-B74C-40CF0A0C30DD.jpeg
DE71E0EF-5728-4A11-9BEC-319885FFF8B5.jpeg

5BA12138-CABE-4395-A19C-7F26690C1E31.jpeg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yesterday we finally actually used it as a family and went up to one of our regular spots.
Pros- we fit, it's still quick, 28mpg is fine
Cons - neither of us find the seats comfy, there's a low speed, part throttle hesitancy, the power steering is making a hell of a noise and is occasionally heavy as f**k.

860B928C-8311-4935-B762-D687FA4781E6.jpeg

535d / t5 caravelle
Our galaxys the same with regards to the heavy steering every now and again, great cars as far as people carriers go, going to run ours into the ground!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Our galaxys the same with regards to the heavy steering every now and again, great cars as far as people carriers go, going to run ours into the ground!

You ever looked into why? It's under warranty so atm I'm not arsed but we'll see how it gets sorted out.

535d / t5 caravelle
You ever looked into why? It's under warranty so atm I'm not arsed but we'll see how it gets sorted out.
Yeah i did about 18 month, cant remember what they said it was, it was an expensive fix though, and i think it was a main dealer job, we decided to leave it and see how it went, never got any worse, so we never bothered sorting out.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah i did about 18 month, cant remember what they said it was, it was an expensive fix though, and i think it was a main dealer job, we decided to leave it and see how it went, never got any worse, so we never bothered sorting out.

Mmm, sounds like something I would live with but the wife won't. Atm she wouldn't be able to drive it without pas as she's only 4 weeks after a c-section so has lost a lot of core strength.

Here's to buying from a garage. Sometimes.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
We had a 2011 insignia in the other week. Steering would go light then normal, then hard. Bled the system a lot, changed the rack and job done.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Was going to say, done a few where I've just replaced the PS tank and done a flush/ fluid replacement. That's assuming it's a belt driven pump, not the EPAS fluid pump.

Also worth checking which fluid it takes , ford for some daft reason on certain years used green type fluid and other years standard Dextron 2 pass fluid

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was going to say, done a few where I've just replaced the PS tank and done a flush/ fluid replacement. That's assuming it's a belt driven pump, not the EPAS fluid pump.

Also worth checking which fluid it takes , ford for some daft reason on certain years used green type fluid and other years standard Dextron 2 pass fluid

See if it was my issue that's probably what I would do. But it's not, sonI'd like it done however ford recommend.

535d / t5 caravelle
My power steering is now getting quite bad, to the point its giving up on us through mid bend, going to get it booked in. Expensive me thinks!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well mines survived the last 1000 miles with a new pump. Ford wanted over £1000, think it cost the garage I bought it from £300 odd and some labour. Which the 'mechanic' was f**king useless at so I've had do some more to it.

Wish the circumstances had been different and I could've got it down to the garage within the month to just get a refund tbh.

535d / t5 caravelle
Well mines survived the last 1000 miles with a new pump. Ford wanted over £1000, think it cost the garage I bought it from £300 odd and some labour. Which the 'mechanic' was f**king useless at so I've had do some more to it.

Wish the circumstances had been different and I could've got it down to the garage within the month to just get a refund tbh.

Had mine booked in at a local garage, turned up with it, and he told me his mates galaxy just had the same issue, it had to go to Manchester for a new rack and coded at a main dealers £1700 ffs! Think the advise is to get a new pump also.

On that note I drove away, got it booked in at ford tomorrow to confirm it’s a new rack that’s needed and get a price, spending that kind of money on an 07 plate galaxy is mental in my eyes, will see what they say, then decide what to do, shame really it’s been a great family bus.

535d / t5 caravelle
Looks like will be keeping the galaxy! £850 for a new rack fitted, pretty happy with that tbf from a main dealer.

535d / t5 caravelle
No worries, check my post in the thread below, post 80, for some reason I couldn’t copy and paste the text! I’m not a happy bunny!

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/the-incompetance-of-main-dealers-is-astounding.819318/page-2

After the above it’s now whining and making a funny fan belt noise, spoke to a mate who said it will be the power steering pump being starved of oil ( which they just replaced along with 4 f**king racks, f**king retards! ) so I have now booked it in with my regular garage to confirm this before I go back ranting at the useless fuckwits at ford main dealers Blackburn.

What’s up with yours? Not having much luck with it are you, mines been a good car bar this problem, which 100% blame main dealers for.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Ffs. The whole pas system seems weak on them. You'd think they'd know how to fix them by now.

Been diagnosed as a failed water pump. Just hoping I caught it before killing the head gasket. f**king annoying though as the belt was done last year so either the pump wasn't done or it's failed very early.

535d / t5 caravelle
Ford main dealers are f**king retards as they’ve clearly proved to me.

Hope you get the best outcome with it, sounds like a f**king ball ache, much like mine at the minute. What you gonna replace it with? Do you need 7 seats? Ours has been a good car tbh apart from this obviously, and it’s much bigger/better than our c4 grand Picasso we used to have

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
We'll swap the insurance and tax into the civic that's sat on my drive and use that until a good lease deal comes up.
I've removed the back 2 seats for boot space so really don't need a 7 seater.
I wanted an Octavia vrs/Laguna gt205 but there was nowt around at the time.

535d / t5 caravelle
Octavia vrs sounds tasty [emoji106]

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye, maybe in a few years, I think it'll just be a dullsmobile for now. It just needs to be comfy and work every single time I use it. And if it doesn't work it needs to be someone elses issue!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I did that with all my other cars! Decided not to this time and enjoy my fruits... then more arrive...