ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New daily - civic areodeck turbo

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Mate was selling this for a good price and I was getting bored of the 172 so decided to take the plunge and go for it.

Quick spec from the sale ad;

For sale is my Honda Civic aerodeck mc2 vti turbo. Has factory fitted lip kit direct from honda and is a really good clean shell with lots to cover. Every thing on the car works as it should like the electric windows/ sunroof all the way to the headlight washers etc. 1 year ago the car was fully gone threw, with new rear arm bushes, full power flex front arm kit, all new brembo brakes, hel brake and clutch lines, hardrace rear toe and camber arms and all bolts and nuts cleaned and greased and torqued to correct settings. Front brakes just done again.

Suspension is mgzs shocks with tein lowing springs just brought 2 mounts back. 4x100 hub conversion with 282 mg front brakes. 15x8 Japan racing enkei rpf1 reps with 4 new Yokohama Ad08R tyres in 205/50r15.

Full custom 1320Werks 3" exhaust turbo back and is a nice quiet system. 1320werks tubular manifold with external 44mm v-band wastegate with screamer and gt30 turbo. Evo 9 injectors with loom adaption. Front mount intercooler with alloy cold pipes and stainless hot side flowed. Black boost pipes and hoses. Alloy large capacity rad with fresh red coolant.
Apexi boost controller. Ati harmonic crankshaft damper. Comp stage 4 clutch and flywheel. Custom fab7 catch alloy baffled catch tank with an10 fittings.

Car has mg full leathers and cup holders. Black interior with carbon inserts. Gearbox rebuild few months back. Timing belt / tensioner and waterpump was done at 136000 miles on car. Car is on 160000. Engine on 125000. Car always run on v-power and castrol edge oil 10w40. Serviced every 3k.

its a proper laugh to drive, dynoed at 354bhp so goes very well!

Plans are the get some decent coilovers for it as the shocks and springs are very bouncy and stick a sub and decent sound system in it, also going to plum the screamer back into the exhaust and add another silencer to keep the noise down abit, other than that just tidy it up and enjoy it!

IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Good to see some aerodecks still going rather than being broken for the c4 lump. I recognize the Little Brickhill petrol station as well! Is it on stock internals? Running pretty much on the limit of what a stock block can take.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Good to see some aerodecks still going rather than being broken for the c4 lump. I recognize the Little Brickhill petrol station as well! Is it on stock internals? Running pretty much on the limit of what a stock block can take.

Yeah it's stock internals with arp head studs, I'll be running it on low boost majority of time so fingers crossed it lasts lol

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's stock internals with arp head studs, I'll be running it on low boost majority of time so fingers crossed it lasts lol

Yer lets hope so lol be a shame to let it blow! What management has it got and who mapped it? Whats the arches like lol.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Yer lets hope so lol be a shame to let it blow! What management has it got and who mapped it? Whats the arches like lol.

Mapped by racetech on socketed p28ecu with low boost and high boost settings, not really clued up on Hondas so not too sure if that's a good or bad thing, runs a bar of boost on high boost

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Mapped by racetech on socketed p28ecu with low boost and high boost settings, not really clued up on Hondas so not too sure if that's a good or bad thing, runs a bar of boost on high boost

You are quite brave then if you are not clued up on Honda's to be jumping in at the deep end haha. Myself and a few others can help, most of my car life has been in and around old Hondas ha. Ricky at Rectech is alright so hopefully shouldn't have any issues. I probably wouldn't run it on high boost myself just incase lol.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
You are quite brave then if you are not clued up on Honda's to be jumping in at the deep end haha. Myself and a few others can help, most of my car life has been in and around old Hondas ha. Ricky at Rectech is alright so hopefully shouldn't have any issues. I probably wouldn't run it on high boost myself just incase lol.

Yeah will be a quick learning curve if anything goes wrong lol, the mate I brought it off is very into his hondas too so should be fine. It's plenty quick enough low boost, feels about as quick as my old Clio turbo which was 280bhp

ffs. Bloody copy cat! 😂
Looks awesome mate. I also have a boosted vti, albeit an MB6. Great fun.:up:

Haha cheers mate! Seen your thread, car looks awesome too! Love how much of sleeper these are

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Cracking buy! Love the understated external view of it.

I bet it's a riot once rolling - overtaking stuff in the 40-60mph range. How is it initially? Does it spin the fronts easily enough?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Cracking buy! Love the understated external view of it.

I bet it's a riot once rolling - overtaking stuff in the 40-60mph range. How is it initially? Does it spin the fronts easily enough?
Cheers!

They come with an lsd as standard and as long as you sort of ease into the boost it doesn't spin up that badly tbh , with the ad08 tyres in the dry the grip is very surprising.. torque steer is the main issue but I think the suspension being so boncey is making it much worse so hopefully it's better with proper coilovers

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Update!

Got the miesterR coilovers fitted, car now actually handles reasonably well, no Clio but then it is an estate car
IMG_0054.JPG

Can't believe how comfy they are for coilovers, got them maxed out on the damping and the ride is still lovely.

Also tried some Clio wheels which I'm going to do once the tyres are shot on the current set. Will make it look a little more subtle which I like..
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG

The wheels I tried have the wrong tyres, 195 not 205 and they're shot so they look a little small for the car but once they've got the wider tyres on and around 10-15mm spacers should be perfect!

Subaru, arctic 182FF
I dont know why but i really really like this. Must be surprisingly swift :smile: .
Need to see some vids

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Have you still got the enkei's????
They're still on the car atm until the tyres are used then I'll be selling them

I dont know why but i really really like this. Must be surprisingly swift :smile: .
Need to see some vids

Yeah it's surprisingly quick, hit 5k and it just takes off..verging on scary at times lol.. will defiantly get some videos soon!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Really cool buy! Didn't know there were any aerodecks like that out there.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Spent the afternoon tidying up the interior, brought loads of bits from autofinesse on their black Friday deal so going to give the car a proper detail soon but the interior is looking and feeling much better now!

20171126_135456.jpg
20171126_135517.jpg
20171126_135537.jpg

Cars much lower of the coilovers now, its very dirty atm but got a picture of how it sits now anyway..
20171126_140841.jpg

Coming across a few issues with the car now, firstly there is no oxygen sensor which I think is one of the reasons the fuel consumption is so poor atm, going to get a bung welded into the exhaust and refit a standard sensor, am I right in thinking this plug is the one for the oxygen sensor? @AdDaMan @Rojer it sits just below the inlet?
20171126_141748.jpg

The car is also starting to over boost slightly, (low boost is 0.8 bar and it's getting to 0.87 now) so just going to take it easy untill I get a new external wastegate for it, pretty sure it's just a cheap ebay one atm so will be upgrading to a tidal one most likely.. Also going to fit the new turbo that came with the car as there is a bit of play in the current one and the car does smoke a little when on boost.. (ebay turbo has done well to last 30k miles to be fair) and then I'll take a trip to ricky at race tech to get the map checked and adjusted

Few pics of the engine bay which I'm going on tidy up soon also!
20171126_141813.jpg
20171126_141825.jpg

Attachments

• 20171126_141942.jpg
    20171126_141942.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 20171126_141802.jpg
    20171126_141802.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20171126_153730.jpg
    20171126_153730.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 83

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Overboost may well be caused by denser air, if you have boost controller turn it down by 0.1bar to compensate. If it's wastegate reducing boost will make no difference.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Overboost may well be caused by denser air, if you have boost controller turn it down by 0.1bar to compensate. If it's wastegate reducing boost will make no difference.
Will try that! Cheers

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
There is a plug down there that’s always empty but that could be the o2 sensor. Doubt that’s your problem though as you have aftermarket ecu I’m guessing? What’s on there? Just a P28? I have put a wideband on mine so no need for the standard o2.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
There is a plug down there that’s always empty but that could be the o2 sensor. Doubt that’s your problem though as you have aftermarket ecu I’m guessing? What’s on there? Just a P28? I have put a wideband on mine so no need for the standard o2.

Yeah Its a socketed P28 as far as I know, with an apexi boost controller , wasn't expecting fuel consumption to be great but without an oxygen sensor I'm guessing it's on a set map all the time and not making any adjustments when on part throttle or cruise, might gain me a few mpg getting it working again if it's possible.. Going to fit my innovate wideband sensor anyway so I can keep an eye on things, especially on boost as I have no idea what it's like atm.. Anything I can do to see what ecu it's got exsactly? as I'm only taking the word of the person that built it atm lol

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just take the lid off the ECU and take a photo of inside. I have Hondata S300 v3 on mine with ECU controlled boost solenoid. Rock steady.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Im pretty sure the O2 sensor should be plugged in. Do you see the plug for it on the loom? The previous owner probably unplugged. Better to have wideband as mentioned anyway.

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Got the car dynoed, running 346 bhp on high boost so happy with that! Has a rich point on the map as it comes on boost so defiantly does need the map tweeking.
20171223_115625.jpg
20171223_154512.jpg

Also starting the audio upgrade for it, got some focal 3 way speakers so mounting the mid bass in the front of the door card and going to sound proof the whole door before fitting the door cards back once i had new fabric put on them. Also got a JBL sub for the rear and want to make a custom box to fit in the side pocket in the boot
20180106_155953.jpg

Brought some new wheels too as they were cheap and had ad08's tyres with good tread, car now drives soo much better, barley torque steers at all now where as before it would be almost impossible to keep the car pointing where you wanted it to go on anything other than a smooth road surface, can't believe the difference wheels can make! they aren't as wide (only 7j) and don't require spacers to clear the brakes so don't sit flush with the arch anymore.. Personally I don't like the look of them as much, but the improvement in how the car drives makes up for it
20180114_123325.jpg
20180114_154816.jpg

Will probably keep these till I've got a mint set of turinis to go on.

Next up will be to fit a rear anti roll bar as it doesn' have one at all and refresh some of the front suspension components (ball joints, track rods ect).. Raise it up a bit and then get the tracking sorted.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah its going super rich just as VTEC comes in which has been set quite low. What ECU/Software is it?
Also, china spec GT30 i assume?