ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car...again....Kit car content

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
First time I've worked on this in nearly 3 weeks with holiday and a night in Liverpool

Nose cone is now wrapped. Had to do it in a couple of pieces so there is joins in the wrap, but after seeing my mates pro wrapped car and seeing various joins, I feel much better about the job I've done on it.
New front indicators also fitted
IMG_20180609_161651.jpg

Also started to put some stripes on. Benefits of owning a vinyl cutter means I can make my own :)

IMG_20180609_185734.jpg

IMG_20180609_161613.jpg

like that , great work and that nosecone wrap can't have been easy.

really nice transformation , though i still prefer traditional square rear lights

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
like that , great work and that nosecone wrap can't have been easy.

really nice transformation , though i still prefer traditional square rear lights

Not easy at all mate, and don't get me wrong, it looks much better in pictures than it does in real life. I just keep telling myself "it's a kitcar, it's supposed to look rough" lol!

I just wanted something a bit more modern looking with the rear lights, but I know what you mean

lots of people use the round lights but its a classic shaped car so my feeling is keep it.

The great thing about kits is we own them because of how personal they are and thats a good thing

top work on the transformation

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
lots of people use the round lights but its a classic shaped car so my feeling is keep it.

The great thing about kits is we own them because of how personal they are and thats a good thing

top work on the transformation

Cheers mate ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
The thing with kit cars is, you try to do one thing, and end up finding out something else is broke!

Ive wired in a push button start, which I wanted illuminated on ignition but then the light go out once the engine was running.
Decided to double up off the oil warning light to do this.

Plugged the dash back in to be greeted with two problems!
1. No oil warning light
2. No battery light!

Now because I've only driven this once since I bought it, which was back in November, I couldn't actually remember if they ever worked or not!
Anyway, after a bit of faffing with a wiring diagram I discovered they never worked as they were never wired up properly in the first place.
Sorted the wiring and happy days!

NO!
Oil warning light still didn't work! Bit of research on how oil pressure switches worked and found it to be faulty.
Quick trip to ECP and a fiver later I'd got an earth to my LED!

Anyway, less chat more pics. Cut and fitted some stripes earlier

IMG_20180622_175256.jpg

IMG_20180622_175733.jpg

IMG_20180622_182647.jpg

IMG_20180622_182558.jpg

IMG_20180609_185734.jpg

IMG_20180622_182841.jpg

Just a bit of edge trim to fit on the bonnet to finish it off.
This weekend should see it ready for MOT. Seats and harnesses to bolt in, and glue the front arches on. Then just connect up the dash and screw it all back in

Attachments

• IMG_20180622_182440.jpg
    IMG_20180622_182440.jpg
    533.6 KB · Views: 259

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That does look so good. I'd want to run it all the time without the front mudguards. Regardless of the legalities I'm sure it would end up ruining something...paint work or face...from all the road crap that would be thrown up.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Just need a support vehicle now so you can bring it to CSF. [emoji106]
I'm sure I can talk someone into taking all my s**t for me haha!
That does look so good. I'd want to run it all the time without the front mudguards. Regardless of the legalities I'm sure it would end up ruining something...paint work or face...from all the road crap that would be thrown up.

Hmmm yeah I don't fancy flicking stones everywhere including into my face lol

IMG_20180622_182841.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure I can talk someone into taking all my s**t for me haha!
I knew someone who used a Luton van to transport his old kit car. Used the tail lift and an engine crane to hoist it into the back. Another option if you don’t want to tow it, plus somewhere to sleep in the back.

Also car looks smart. Looking at this has made me look at them on eBay.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I knew someone who used a Luton van to transport his old kit car. Used the tail lift and an engine crane to hoist it into the back. Another option if you don’t want to tow it, plus somewhere to sleep in the back.

Also car looks smart. Looking at this has made me look at them on eBay.
If I had anywhere to keep a trailer, I'd do my towing licence and stick a towbar on my van. If I decide to keep this long term then I may look into it. A trailer may squeeze down my drive into the garage

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
If I had anywhere to keep a trailer, I'd do my towing licence and stick a towbar on my van. If I decide to keep this long term then I may look into it. A trailer may squeeze down my drive into the garage
Can't you keep the car on the trailer and in the garage?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Can't you keep the car on the trailer and in the garage?
It just depends on how much wider than the car the trailer is mate. My kitchen window looks out into the drive and it's a bay window, so it gets quite narrow half way down.
I'd have to measure it

i might know someone with a minnow for sale , unless they have bothered to advertise it .
used to keep mine on my minnow in the garage in the winter.

As for support vehicle i used to drive to track days all over the country until i became soft and started trailering.

I drove to Barcelona , did 2 track days , drove to Pau in France did a track day and then drove home ......

not claiming it was nice but hell it was an adventure .

you just gotta do it

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Defo gonna just drive it all this year. If I decide over summer that it's not for me, then I'll just keep it in the garage to sell next summer.
If I rekkon I'll keep it for a few years then I'll certainly look into getting a trailer

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Defo gonna just drive it all this year. If I decide over summer that it's not for me, then I'll just keep it in the garage to sell next summer.
If I rekkon I'll keep it for a few years then I'll certainly look into getting a trailer
Bring it to CSF.