ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car...again....Kit car content

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Dream car take 2

Always wanted a kit car for as long as I can remember. I actually wanted to build one, but decided that was a silly idea so buying complete was the way.
I'll do a full write up on it in a bit

Some quick s**t pics
IMG_20171120_132301.jpg
IMG_20171120_132312.jpg
IMG_20171120_132221.jpg
IMG_20171120_132233.jpg
IMG_20171120_132255.jpg

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Looks cool, like a safe motorbike. Do you wear a helmet for road use or is that OTT?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is it fast?

I've only passengered in it so far, but, yeah it's nippy. It's just an event tho, not just speed. It's crazy loud, stupidly raw as you'd imagine, and handles like it's on rails. He brought it round for me earlier as I need to sort insurance yet.

Seriously, stop it, once I've sorted my daily I want a 7-a-like for a toy and after the M3 it makes me look like some creepy perv who's copying your choices :smiley:

Haha do it :smile:

Looks cool, like a safe motorbike. Do you wear a helmet for road use or is that OTT?

I will be wearing a helmet once the windscreen is removed and I've fitted an aero screen. I don't fancy a stone chip to the face :smile:

Right so spec wise....
Built in 2012 using brand new parts, including engine and all running gear. Think he said the box and diff were fully refurbished rather than new new.
2.0 zetec running throttle bodies approx 170bhp
It's done 2k miles since new
MT75 box with quick shift
LSD
Different sump and uprated oil pump
Modified cooling system
Gaz suspension
15" wheels with Yoko prada2s
2 seats
Steering wheel

The guy I had it from built it, and he's done an incredible job. It flew thru the IVA first time no issues and you can see why. Cost him 16k all in to build. 71 year old bloke who had this and seriously cool vintage racing bikes along side it in his garage

There's quite a few changes I want to make ready for next summer. Too much red in the interior department, so that needs sorting

Larger roll cage

Windscreen replaced for aeroscreen

Tidy up some trim bits

Maybe look at some nicer looking headlights with DRLs

A nicer set of wheels

Some bigger front brakes as it's running standard Sierra calipers

Then the major one is a colour change I think. I'm not overly keen on the polished stainless steel body so I may have it wrapped

I'll get some decent pics eventually but I doubt it'll be out untill next spring now

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Wanna buy it? I'll do you the bargain price of 9k? :)
I look stupid enough without being seen driving this. I bet it's awsome though mate and a proper giggle.

You could do the bits you want to it and drive it for a year or more and still get your money back if not a profit if sold in the spring.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I'm in love already. It's just fuckin ace to look at. I'd of loved to of built it! Proper boys toy :)

IMG_20171120_193451.jpg
IMG_20171120_193529.jpg
IMG_20171120_193329.jpg
IMG_20171120_193524.jpg
IMG_20171120_193134.jpg
IMG_20171120_193343.jpg
IMG_20171120_193543.jpg
IMG_20171120_193930.jpg
IMG_20171120_194141.jpg
IMG_20171120_193433.jpg

Excuse the state of the garage. It's been a dumping ground just lately. Will be sorted this week

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Would love to build one of these. That's a bit of a monster for the money too! Plenty of tuning potential in the engine still too.

Not too keen on the shiny body work but, once you sort that, it will be ace!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Would love to build one of these. That's a bit of a monster for the money too! Plenty of tuning potential in the engine still too.

Not too keen on the shiny body work but, once you sort that, it will be ace!
Yeah there's potential for near on 200bhp I rekkon

Ordinarily I'd be the same, but you can get away with it on a 7. Wings need to go, agreed.

What ya rekkon wing wise?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Black would definitely be your safest bet. That should look fine.

However I'd still be tempted to go crazy. Or how about red to match the interior?
1.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Black would definitely be your safest bet. That should look fine.

However I'd still be tempted to go crazy. Or how about red to match the interior?
1.jpg
I don't like the red interior either haha! Kwak green is a good shout

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Get the body painted or wrapped, then I'd go with carbon or black front wings and a few other details. Keep it simple.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I'd love something like this but it would literally never be used. Just sat on my drive waiting for me to buy things it didn't need.

How long before you can actually fit in it?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Also a Zero will be nearer 650kg with a zetec in, not sub 500kg.